Cerbalus aravaensis Care?

Starchild Immortal

Arachnopeon
Good day. I just picked up a Cerbalus aravaensis (Egyptian Huntsman?) at a local reptile show. The vendor I got from told me they do not live against the sides or behind flat pieces of bark like the traditional huntsman do, but instead are more like a trapdoor spider and gather bits of dirt and leaf litter and build a home. I can’t find much care related info online yet. I usually only get tarantulas but when I saw this spider I couldn’t pass it up.
Anyone here have some general or specific care info i.e. cage size, substrate, humility and such if different from the Australian huntsman (which I’ve has before)? Thanks.

Thearachnidaddict

Arachnosquire
They live in sand. And yes they do build trapdoors/burrows however I would still give it the option to climb if it wants

ForTW

Arachnobaron
Sandy to dig, keep hot. They are mainly active during Summer time in sinai. Check it the climate Diagramm, ad some Walter.

One of mine digged a trap and catches food falling down.
The two others hunt active.

For an adult you need a lot of substrate. My juvenile digged a good 14cm and would go further.

Adding a little clay might help.
Good luck! Gorgeous specimen.

Starchild Immortal

Arachnopeon
Thanks. I have it in an enclosure with deep substrate of mixed sand types. The room itself is warm and the light over the tank probably raises the inside temp a bit more. I’ve yet to see it did any hole anywhere. It’s usually at the top edge of the tank or on the top. Almost like a regular huntsman.

ForTW

Arachnobaron
Well one of mine is sticky under the lamp.
Once it even layed in the back, i was expecting the worst (it lost one leg, god knows how an wäre it went, she molted fine).

Second one just chills in the ground and stares at the grasshoppers i keep next to it. Eating fine and should molt soon.

Third one (the one i keep the coolest) just digged in, closed the trap and is down there.
Maybe they just burrow when it gets colder.
The ones seen in the wild are active during summer so that would make sense.....

Regards