Ceratogyrus ...

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
I've been looking for a new T to make 15 and I'm likeing the horned baboons but not sure wich 1 to get. I'm thinking the marshalli but it looks to be very agressive not a big deall tho. I have a pair of the darlingi avalible but wanted opinions from the pros 1st on wich one to get. What kind of attitudes do these guys have? Let me know what's up guys.

Kuro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i had a C. Brachycephalus and he was a great little spider. molted into a MM shortly after i got him but he was a great spider.

Godric was fast and abit shy but not aggressive or defensive much at all

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I favor the marshalli. I have a gorgeous adult female. I can say after comparing many photos that the marshalli seem to have stronger and more defining patterns overall. The details on the abdomen and legs is pretty killer when appreciated up close.

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Marshalli are awesome! I have had one since it was 3rd instar, it is now a 3.5 inch female, she has never even given me a threat display. In fact out of the six I have none of them have ever given me a reason to be overly cautious around them. They are faasssstttt though so be prepared for that.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im going to have to go against the grain here.. Id go with the darlingi.. They are STUNNING!

Now.. I am not saying the marshalli is not.. Beause I REALLY want to get a marshalli.. Really bad.. One of these days I will have a couple nice female marshalli..

I already have a couple nice female darlingi.. Completely LOVE them.. :D

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Blow the Horn

I have always been drawn to them :razz: Yet Only ever owned one long ago
{forget which it was was 2" c.b.}, and day brought home, and opened container....It dashed behind the Dresser! and the Mrs. was Not pleased :embarrassed: I had to catch quick, and part w/ soon :eek:

Now years L8TR... I am Happy w/ my female Brachycephalus, and mated her rescently :razz: {MM givin' 2 me 4 FREE by AB member :worship: and the courting & mating was cool, like he said}

The store I got her from, said they held her alot :eek: and that the previous owner had! :eek: I have Not. She only hides now :eek: in a webbed Lair.

Darlingi F's are really pretty after a Molt 2!, and I see my specimen out Alot :) Lg. Dinner-Plate size bottom of container coated in cool webbings :razz:

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Im going to have to go against the grain here.. Id go with the darlingi.. They are STUNNING!

Now.. I am not saying the marshalli is not.. Beause I REALLY want to get a marshalli.. Really bad.. One of these days I will have a couple nice female marshalli..

I already have a couple nice female darlingi.. Completely LOVE them.. :D
I'm going to have to agree as well.

But I like ALL baboon spiders :)
just something about them.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you like the marshalli, get it. I've had all the Ceratogyrus, and they are all wonderful in their own way. The marshalli is definitely the most impressive. However, personality-wise the darlingi was my favourite...but, each spider has its own personality.

Get what you like. And, only YOU can answer that. We can't.

Nerri, I have to agree with you. Africans are the BEST! :D They just have a certain flair, charisma, panache. I can't get around it...they are mysteriously wonderful and beautiful. I've never met a baboon T I didn't like.

Shaka

Arachnopeon
You should all consider yourselves VERY VERY lucky, I think these are some of the most beautiful and natural looking T's, but here in SA, we are TOTALLY not allowed to collect or keep them due to some fool back in the day that hired cheap labourers to hunt down as many as they could in the areas they are common and totally raped the population for export.

Only a handful of people down here have the permits to keep them now.

Here is a link which lets you download some PDF articles explaining some of the history of the Ceratogyrus Sp.

http://www.exoticfauna.com/tarantulabibliography/Ceratogyrus.html

Enjoy them you guys! They are awesome.

Shaka