Ceratogyrus species sexual dimorphism

jpumahinay

Arachnopeon
I have read in one of the threads that C.marshali tarantulas are sexually dimorphic (females have horns while males do not).

Can anyone direct me to any link or information that may help me find out if the other ceratogyrus species are sexually dimorphic.

Thanks

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not exactly true, most species of this genus the female has the horn, the males have a much smaller one, often called a button.

There are some species of this genus which don’t have a horn according to a member here. They aren’t found in the hobby maybe in EU, not US

jpumahinay

Arachnopeon
Thank you for the info.

I have 3 ceratogyrus sp. (Marshali, meridionalis and darlingi) i was just curious if these species are sexually dimorphic.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
At what point does the horn start to appear?
I have a marshalli that I raised from a sling a year ago, I suspect this will be a male as there is no sign of a horn.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
There are some species of this genus which don’t have a horn according to a member here. They aren’t found in the hobby maybe in EU, not US
Really? I can find Ceratogyrus meridionalis quite easily.

sasker

Arachnoprince
I have a marshalli that I raised from a sling a year ago, I suspect this will be a male as there is no sign of a horn.
What size is it now? If I recall correctly, my female developed a horn quite early. I think after one year it should be clear if it develops a horn or a button.

jpumahinay

Arachnopeon
What size is it now? If I recall correctly, my female developed a horn quite early. I think after one year it should be clear if it develops a horn or a button.
My darlingi is about 2in DLS, horn is quite pronounced. My marshalli, I rarely see him out and about, but the last time i saw it was about 1.5 in horns/nubb is not yet present. My meridionalis, it ripped its molt to shreds, so i was not able to attempt to try to sex it (2 in DLS).