Ceratogyrus marshalli mating

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great news and great pictures. I hope good things will come out of that sack mate.

I was offered a subadult female for 100$. Do you think they are worth it?
Worth is in the eye of the beholder. They are great eaters, Grow very large, Stay out in the open, Web alot, Stridulate loud, and have a big ol' horn. To me they are awesome!

RJ2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
congrats! such a cool looking species!

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
More Updates.
Darnnit :wall:

She is having diffculty sealing the deal. When she dropped the load it was I guess more than she had calculated and some of the eggs spilled past the little hammack she made. (you can see where it spilled in the pic above) She decided to web over them anyway but upon trying to wrap it up, some of the eggs spilled and she is not trying to seal it up. She keeps trying to pick it up to wrap it. Than gives up, starts cleaning herself than tries again.:wall:
Needless to say, its not looking good. She may abandon the project. I could try to take it from her but I'm not sure if I should try since its not even 24 hrs yet. May be just a waste of effort. We will see what happens...

Heres a shot of her trying to wrap. Some of the eggs are spilling and its not sealed. It looks like she is consuming the eggs that fall out of the sac and thats why she is constantly cleaning her palps.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pull the sac!
Thats what I just did. She ate quite a bit of them. When i disturbed her she was super mean. She fought for them hard! Striking several times at me and mad stridulation!

But here they are. Lets hope for the best. I removed all the portions that I felt had her acid and wet portions. Eggs easily exploded so I was as careful as I could be. Currently in incubation. I have little hope for them but I am going to give it a shot. They were never sealed in the sac so not sure how this will turn out.
Heres when i pulled and then after trimming and inside incubator.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Sorry to see she didnt wrap it up well for you Steve. :( Heres to hoping you get at least one. Good luck. :)

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to see she didnt wrap it up well for you Steve. :( Heres to hoping you get at least one. Good luck. :)
Thanks. I kinda had a feeling that she would make some error as she is young. Thanks for the hope. I hope so also.:)

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Worth is in the eye of the beholder. They are great eaters, Grow very large, Stay out in the open, Web alot, Stridulate loud, and have a big ol' horn. To me they are awesome!
Well, I traded my sub-adult Nhandu sp. for the sub-adult Ceratogyrus marshalli, plus I got a tiny Grammostola pulchra for free on top. She looks amazing, thanks for convincing me even if you haven`t tried :).

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry here Steve....i have had a couple pull the ol' bad wrap job...at least you gottem outa there....good luck wit the incubation!

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I traded my sub-adult Nhandu sp. for the sub-adult Ceratogyrus marshalli, plus I got a tiny Grammostola pulchra for free on top. She looks amazing, thanks for convincing me even if you haven`t tried :).
LOl. I'm glad that my indirect convincing worked! They are a great and unique species to own.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Body size 4-5 cm or so.

I got it from a very respectable breeder here in Switzerland as subadult female so I would be very surprised if it turns out to be a male. But anything is possible of course since he got it from somebody else.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Final update.

The eggs slowly dried up and has molded over. Better luck net time.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Mine mated 5 minutes ago ;).

Very quick really, he did his job and left the premises within 2 minutes. Initially female came out of her burrow very aggressive looking but later she acted very calm. I had a very nice HD video setup but totally messed up while trying to zoom. I also missed the insertion (assuming that it happened). When should I put them together again?

This was my first T breeding attempt, very cool and exciting. When the female came out charging out, I got really scared for the male but he was cool as a cucumber :).

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine mated 5 minutes ago ;).

Very quick really, he did his job and left the premises within 2 minutes. Initially female came out of her burrow very aggressive looking but later she acted very calm. I had a very nice HD video setup but totally messed up while trying to zoom. I also missed the insertion (assuming that it happened). When should I put them together again?

This was my first T breeding attempt, very cool and exciting. When the female came out charging out, I got really scared for the male but he was cool as a cucumber :).
Yep exactly what happened with my mating. As soon as the female knows its a male, she instantly calms down. thanks for sharing.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You guys need to hurry up and get some babies into the market! I've been wanting marshali for a while, but haven't seen them on the lists lately.