Ceratogyrus Id assistance

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do you have any more pics? Looks like a marshalli to me.

P79

Arachnopeon
my guess is Darlingi, the light colour and the horn seems to be pointing a bit backwards

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my guess is Darlingi, the light colour and the horn seems to be pointing a bit backwards
I will have to check both of these suggested species out. nothing i saw really seemed to fit my Fem but this will give me a jumping point to start looking

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I dug her out of her pit. what I found was this gorgeous little girl. She had molted. not sure when, since I haven't seen her above ground in about 8 months. She must have still been in her Juvie phase. After seeing her now, she looks like a Marshalli. here are a few pics.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Im going to say its a C. marshalli..
was going to say Ceratogyrus bechuanicus but the horn is not pointing back enough so Ceratogyrus marshalli is what I'll say but better pic;s would help

Last edited:

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1000% C.darlingi.
Classic darlingi colours and horn shape. No way thats a marshalli.

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last edited by a moderator:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can you get some more pictures? One ventrally.. In a clear container?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A ventral pic would definately sort it out. Marshalli has a double band, darlingi has a single band.
That is why I say its a marshalli.. If you notice in the ventral picture above.. The is slight coloration where the second band will be.. (Might just be the flash..) But thats what it appears like to me..

Being that the T in question does not look mature.. I am guessing 3.5"-4" DLS? Might be wrong.. Be she doesnt look mature to me.. Unless the OP has some BIG hands.. So if she is not mature.. That second band might not be there.. IDK though.. I have never had a marshalli.. So I am just guessing at that..

Where is Steve when you need him?! LoL!

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have over 50 Ceratogyrus at the moment including adult marshalli, darlingi and darlingi "kalahari" (previously known as bechuanicus). The spider in question looks like my C.darlingi "kalahari".
The thing that is telling me its not marshalli is the abdominal colours and the carapace colours. If you've seen a marshalli female in person, you cant confuse the carapace colouration. The horn should also be more upright imo.

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Being that the T in question does not look mature.. I am guessing 3.5"-4" DLS? Might be wrong.. Be she doesnt look mature to me.. Unless the OP has some BIG hands..
ya, she's a good 4" and I do have pretty big hands,lol. 8 1/2" from wrist to tip.

What is a good size for these adults? I've never really been attracted to this species, (and wouldn't have this one if she wasn't for free) so the most i've read up on them were their habitat.

---Well, here's what I shot, she appears to have the double band.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is not a C. darlingi.. Again I say C. marshalli..

For the adult size.. My darlingi is 4.5".. She has been paired & am waiting on an egg sac..

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
excellent. it's nice to finally know exactly what she is lol. Thanks everyone for the help.

good luck with the sac when it drops.