Ceratogyrus darlingi horn bumps??

grommthemans

Arachnopeon
I've noticed some bumps around the horn of my Ceratogyrus darlingi and I'm wondering what they are and how worried I need to be about it. Her enclosure doesn't have mold as far as I can tell. I keep springtails in with her as well so there really shouldn't be anyways. None of my other T's have anything similar on them and I'm wondering if it's exclusive to horned species.
She's eating just fine and nothing else seems out of the ordinary with her.

Attachments

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
phoretic mites i'd guess. boina has a mite guide that you can google fairly readily.

grommthemans

Arachnopeon

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mites are never good, even harmless grain mites irritate Ts in my experience.

jay444

Arachnosquire
It seems likely? I think I'll move ahead with the quarantine and check my other T's more thoroughly to make sure it hasn't spread. I appreciate the advice!
Yes, definitely. The mites lay their eggs in humid soil, so you should rehouse your T in something completely dry.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Yes, rehouse it into something dry as previously stated. And my assumption is this is probably a wild caught T. It’s recommended to steer clear of wild caught for many reasons, this being one of them.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
If your C. Darlingi can share a habitat with mites and spring tails something is very wrong. Either one or the other is going to die.

Can we get a pic of the whole cage? How often do you give them water? Really only need to slightly overflow the water dish for this species once a week. SLIGHTLY! And that's if you can find the dish under it's webbing.

C. Darlingi need a much drier environment.