Centruroides sp

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here is an interesting treat for you all. This is an undescribed Centruroides sp. DNA tests have concluded that they are closely related to C margaritatus but there is an interesting twist....They are bigger!! Perhaps the most unusual thing about these is the fact they can have 2 color forms from the same batch. In the pics below are siblings. They dont look like they are even the same species but they are indeed. A few of these were floating around last year as "Centruroides nigrimanus" however that is not correct.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very cool Brian.. does the top one darken up a bit ? or has it already darkened up after its molt??

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In the pic it has darkened as much as it is going too. It molted out about a month ago if I remember correctly.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh okay the molt was right behind it I wasnt sure.. very cool! keep us posted on when u have too many ;)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its easy to have too many. My first batch had 36 young and I believe there was almost 30 from the last batch. I still hope to get 1 more brood from my original adults. After they are all used up, I am raising 17 youngsters (2 are in the pics above) to start putting even more out. So needless to say we shouldnt run out of them if I can help it LOL

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great species Brian..When you get tired of caring for all the offspring. I'm always willing to take a few more off your hands.:D

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How much bigger are we talking here? I'm still loving the C. margaritatus you sent me last year.

froeps

Arachnopeon
nice species!
Brian I think its up to you to give them a real name...;)

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i can agree brain, i bought last year 8 youngs, and now i have 8 adults, ready to breed ;)

i hope we can solve the problem of that species, i'd like to know what it is.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Great species Brian..When you get tired of caring for all the offspring. I'm always willing to take a few more off your hands.:D
How are those doing you got from me last year?

How much bigger are we talking here? I'm still loving the C. margaritatus you sent me last year.
They are a little longer and maybe a tad more robust

nice species!
Brian I think its up to you to give them a real name...;)
Well if I was a taxonomist, maybe ;)

i can agree brain, i bought last year 8 youngs,
i hope we can solve the problem of that species, i'd like to know what it is.
Me too, who knows this may be a "new discovery"?

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how do you keep getting these cool, undescribed scorps? ;P