lancej

Arachnolord
C. hentzi and C. guanensis

C. guanensis on top, hentzi on bottom
Cguanensispair1.jpg chentzi5.jpg

moymoy

Arachnopeon
Hi

I think the first "C.gracilis" would be C.nigrensis? unless you post the distribution or the origin of the said specimens posted above.
Just a speculation though..

cheers~

lancej

Arachnolord
The black-legged female in the top picture, and the red-legged female in the bottom picture came from the Upper Keys in S. Florida, and the male in the middle picture came from Port St. Lucy, Florida.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Hi

I think the first "C.gracilis" would be C.nigrensis? unless you post the distribution or the origin of the said specimens posted above.
Just a speculation though..

cheers~
The color variation in C. gracilis is wide and changes quickly. The coloration of the specemins in Florida vary greatly. You can even see different color patterns in the same location.

John
];')

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The color variation in C. gracilis is wide and changes quickly. The coloration of the specemins in Florida vary greatly. You can even see different color patterns in the same location.

John
];')
+1. This specie also exhibits polymorphism in its broods, causing multiple color forms to emerge within a single brood, whether the parents had said colors or not. For example, my last brood had reds, yellows, blacks, purples, and combinations of all four. Parents were a purple yellow legged female, and a purple male.

lancej

Arachnolord
All the US species in this genus show at least a little polymorphism, but gracilis is the most varied by far(and my favorite of the genus). One of the reasons I really love this genus! I just wish more of the Central American/Mexican species were available in the US.

lancej

Arachnolord
Does anyone have pictures of different color phases of Centruroides species(especially vittatus)?