Centruroides lifespan

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a WC Centruroides vittatus I collected on 15 June of 09'. It was an adult when collected and has never molted in my care. It is still alive and well. How long can these guys live? I have never had a hentzi last this long. Thanks in advance:)

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I was wondering the same thing. I had a pair of C. vittatus (received as adults in October of 2009) and the male just died last week. The female is still going strong.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
3-5 years is an average life span for Centruroides

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have an adult C. gracilis (male) since 23 Sept 2007 {D

In my experience Vaejovis spp and Diplocentrus spp live longer than Centruroides spp.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have an adult C. gracilis (male) since 23 Sept 2007 {D

In my experience Vaejovis spp and Diplocentrus spp live longer than Centruroides spp.
I've seen diplos spend over a year at 2i.

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen diplos spend over a year at 2i.
I have a D. bereai that's 5+ years adult and of her offspring, born summer 2006 only 2 out of 6 are adults as well. I probably keep them at a lower temp than in their natural habitat which might delay their becoming adult a bit, but maybe this species can get around 9 years old (maybe around 10). We have to wait a few more years and I can tell you how old they get in captivity {D

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Do male or female c. Gracilis live longer?
No. Unlike Tarantulas, Scorpion males and females live on average around the same life span. That being said, the species determines how long the average life span is.
For example H. arizonensis on average lives longer than C. sculpturatus.