Centruroides gracilis Florida bark help

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Just picked one up just now. (Will post pics when I get home) looks to be pretty young. Only about an inch in size. Any care info and tips would be appreciated thanks guys.

I have a water dish. Small enclosure. Cork bark hide and some eco earth I picked up for a re house for my afs. Can I use the same substrate for It?

Centruroides gracilis Florida bark.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Keep the tempature around 80F and high humidity. Put in several pieces of wood for it to climb and hide under. Reusing the substrate would probably be fine as long as there's no mold or mites. I'm picking up two next week, I'm pretty excited!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I uave a pair of two. Reusing the sub will be fine, the scorp shouldn't care. I also have 3 bout 1-1.5" long slings. They fo really well. Just make sure your bark hide is against the wall, not in the dirt. They love to climb, plus they molt on vertical surfaces. Other than that, they are super easy care wise. Humidity can be a little lower, but keeping it semi humid seems to work well. They are super hardy, so they can take pretty heavy drops in humidity every once in a while :D Good luck, hope yours does well. They grow super fast!

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Thanks guys I had already planned to replace the substrate and hide for my afs. Starting to catch small mold spots on the bottom of the hide and starting to see tiny nats flying around since i was picking this guy up I just grabbed another brick of eco earth for both of them. Sounds like I have everything I need.

I have a 2 and a half gallon tank. With a peice of vertical cork bark leaning water dish. The basics etc.... posting pics soon