Centruroides Gracilis ( F.B.S) Brood care first time!

Veno Manus

Arachnobaron
Been working on breeding my FBS's Centruroides Gracilis, and she just squeezed out what I'm gonna say is her first brood and there's a bunch! I've separated her into a plastic container to hold humidity a while with the cork bark and Yada Yada. She only housed with 1 male and I'm proud of my man's by linking up and giving it all he had. At the end he was extremely tired so I let him take the castle and I took mom and gave her a hotel for the night with the kids. A rough half ish mix of Peat moss and coco fiber has been holding up fine with humidity I'd say. 20230513_183455.jpg I just wanna know what's good keeping look like with broods? I don't wanna mess this up and I'm an excited parent!!!! This is my first one so I'd like to learn the correct way.

( the males pinchers are also severally dimpled. )

Tips would be great!

CedarArachne

Arachnopeon
Similar situation. Just noticed my female had brood on her back there day. Pulled her out into a deli cup. I've been separating the scorplings that venture off her back into individual little cups with reptisoil and giving them prekilled small crickets. For the most part I've been leaving the mother alone and mist of them are still on her back.

I'm separating them individually because two of them were eating another one on the substrate. I'd also appreciate any advice.

Edited for phone typos

Last edited:

Veno Manus

Arachnobaron
I have my gal separated into a nano zilla enclosures to give some space for the babies and keep the levels good. My house and outside temps are all over the place currently in the PNW so I'm struggling with humidity currently. I have to leave the doors and windows open cause it's spiking my house up like 10ish%. I had her in a deli type setup but the humidity was almost at 100% with a dew of a substrate. So I had to open the top and vent a bit. They seem to be doing great. They molted but haven't left. I'd give it another day or 2 before I see them all start to leave.