Centruroides Gracilis communal help

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I currently have 1 Female not sure if fully matured yet. I'm purchasing another scorpion online and to make it worth the shipping I'm tempted in purchasing a male C.gracilis . My question would be...
Can I just introduce another random male? Or is there a preference to how this should be done??
Can I have multiple females in case I don't want them to breed and produce scorplings

Attachments

Last edited:

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Keeping adults communally shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure they're well fed and that there's plenty of pieces of bark.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
And to avoid breeding would housing 2 females together be a problem? I wouldn't have the means to take care of and handle a brood lol I would have to get rid of them if that were to ever be the case

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
It would be my living situation honestly . I'd love to he able breed them and house all the babies but I wouldn't be able to at the moment but maybe I'll give it a shot anyway. I just wouldn't know what to do with the brood if worst case came along and I had to get rid of them

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with RTTB and Colin. I've kept gracilis for 7 years now and so long as food is plentiful you'll be fine :)

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Awesome thanks guys. I'll be ordering her a buddy today i just need to confirm that my female is indeed an adult

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I'm a big fan of communal species. One of the many reasons Centruroides are so damn cool.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Preparing for the male to come in the next few days, how's this for a communal setup? 2 leaning vertical pieces and 1 flat piece for a hide . Water dish fake plants
Nice looking setup for the pair, ample room, they're sure to enjoy it. Just keep them well fed! ;)
I'm setting up an enclosure for 6 C. gracilis brood mates, all 6i, but w/o plastic plants/foilage. My first communal attempt, until now they have been separately housed, I foresee no problems.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Thanks! I hope so. Since I've housed her she has remained in hiding haven't seen her stroll around much yet but she is well fed. I'm suppose to be receive the male tomorrow along with my Rophalurus Junceus. SUPER STOKED . Have a pic of your communal setup?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
@gromgrom @RTTB @Red Eunice just got my package from pinchers n pokies they sent me 2 males instead of 1. Woot. My question would be what is the best and safest way of introducing all 3 together? Is it a bad idea to have 2 males with 1 female?

brolloks

Arachnobaron
It would be my living situation honestly . I'd love to he able breed them and house all the babies but I wouldn't be able to at the moment but maybe I'll give it a shot anyway. I just wouldn't know what to do with the brood if worst case came along and I had to get rid of them
Nice looking scorpions! I am sure you won't have any trouble selling a few if they do actually breed in your communal setup, if you are worried about space.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea I decided to say F*** it and order a male and keep them communal but I got surprised with another male freebee

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@gromgrom @RTTB @Red Eunice just got my package from pinchers n pokies they sent me 2 males instead of 1. Woot. My question would be what is the best and safest way of introducing all 3 together? Is it a bad idea to have 2 males with 1 female?
It's not bad. Occasionally males have scuffles but for the most part they're very tolerant and social. I'd introduce the female to the enclosure first, then one male so they can pair. When theyre done and fed up, introduce more males.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
The female is already in the enclosure above up top. I have the 2 males separated in there own small temporary enclosures. So introduce 1 male first. And how long after to introduce the 2nd? I'll make sure they're well fed before hand.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Thanks! I hope so. Since I've housed her she has remained in hiding haven't seen her stroll around much yet but she is well fed. I'm suppose to be receive the male tomorrow along with my Rophalurus Junceus. SUPER STOKED . Have a pic of your communal setup?
Yes.
No scorpions have been added yet. I'll be adding mine over a 7-10 day period. Starting with a M/F pair, then gradually the others 2 days apart until the 6 are together. Hopefully w/o any disputes during the process.
CT.jpg

Last edited: