Central Florida Arachnid Meet

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, we have at least 3 people in a similar geographic area so I think that's enough to get a little club going. Hopefully there are more people close by, or at least willing to drive a little to extend our membership.

Our current 3 people are all in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area so if you're anywhere in Brevard, Indian River, Orange, or Volusia County and are interested in getting together monthly or bi-monthly let me know. I'm happy to contribute as much as possible to get things going. I don't have any money but I can work on a website and host it, scout out meeting places, and try to get speakers and other interesting topics to cover in our meetings.

I'd like to have our first meeting fairly soon so we can go over what types of things we'd like to do and just get a general feel for how we should proceed.

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey David, was nice to meet you and pennywise and I ran into Amanda latter in the day, very nice person. So theres 4 :D

Give me a day or so to think about the get together, tierd from the show and getting ready to head out to dinner.. but I'm definitely up for a once a month or bi-monthly thing.

Once again nice meeting you all

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey guys... I'm definitely in! It was great to meet you, Doug. I hope we can get a good group together. I'm excited about getting a group together. I'm up for anything.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm in too, wish Garrick was sticking around hate to lose him jees he was only 2 miles away from me.

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all, sorry i havnt gotten back with anyone about this, but have been knee deep in work and stressed out. Still want to do something for sure just not sure when :?

I think we should just get together for dinner one evening first and see how we want to tacle this. Im kinda leaning towards just a social gathering in the begginning, gives us a chance to talk and just get to know each other.

Just my 2 cents.

Ideas on spot to eat.... trying to cover all tastes... Frankies, Long Doggers (kinda load for chattin thou), or an oddball idea - we do a "bring your own" lunch on a saturday and we can eat at Erna nixon hammock (near mebourne square mall) and walk the boardwalk and hope to see some critters.

See ya all soon

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I agree about just meeting up somewhere to just kinda get to know each other. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm no good at talking to a group of people I dont know. :eek: Anywho, I think lunch would be fun though! =D

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alright, what kind of food do ya'll like?

I love sushi and Mexican (well I love all food, but those are tops on my list). When we get a consensus, we can make a decision.

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alright, what kind of food do ya'll like?

I love sushi and Mexican (well I love all food, but those are tops on my list). When we get a consensus, we can make a decision.
Sushi lover also :worship:
BBQ comes in a close second

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all, A good way to get prople involved is to go out on a hike at a local area and you can also do like a pot luck. we started w/ going on hikes and earlier this month we had a big BBQ w/ a raffle and also had a table to sell or trades.
I and a couple others would see somebody w/ California info and try to get them involved, so now where about 40 members strong and growing.
Good luck w/ your project...W

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm up for absolutely anything, and I have no objections to any kind of food. A bag-lunch at Erna Nixon sounds awesome (it's maybe a mile from my house, and I haven't been there in years). That might be better for our first field trip or something. I'm picturing the first meeting as more of a get-to-know-you with some good food and maybe a few beers.

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry

All talk and no action ends up with... no action.

Sorry I've dropped the ball for so long. I'm proposing we meet this Saturday Oct 27th at El Chico's for lunch. Say, 11:30? If someone doesn't like Mexican, speak now for forever hold your peace.

We're going to get the CFLAUG off the ground!!

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yikes! I hope I didn't miss the first meeting. I've been in Colorado visiting family for the last 10 days. What"s been going on?

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You didn't miss anything. Nobody replied except to say they wouldn't be able to make it, so the meeting was a bust. We need to try again real soon though.