Central California Anyone?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
SCABIES and SF BATS (so south and north) might possibly try to meet in summer 2008 in central CA... but we have not done anything beyond "hey wouldn't that be neat"... but if someone in central were to sort of fascilitate it seems to me it is much more likely to happen.... ;)

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Like what I have access to a conference room to meet up, so just to get more info what does it actually need.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Like what I have access to a conference room to meet up, so just to get more info what does it actually need.
that is a very good start.

i think we were talking about maybe like a weekend camping trip with bug hunting too.

really you just kind of got to float this stuff out for a while and see who bites. if you are interested in the SCABIES and SF BATS connection you could post a prompt to both their/our threads.

what i have been doing is watching all the various forums and send PMs or emails to anybody who is from CA that i think is in SoCA. you could do the same thing for MidCA. it starts out slow but hopefully will sort of snow ball for you, like it did for SCABIES

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
CenCal ahhaha sounds better in my mind. Well that sounds good I have year passes to most of the parks and lakes in this area. I dont know what else.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
CenCal ahhaha sounds better in my mind. Well that sounds good I have year passes to most of the parks and lakes in this area. I dont know what else.
really you have the bare minimum requirements already.... everything else is gravy. try to start keeping track of where you find what, i suppose.

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So you recommend I try a bug hunt and document finding... finally I can justify my $300 gps to my girl when I enter the POI in that thing.

a7051

Arachnopeon
that is a very good start.

i think we were talking about maybe like a weekend camping trip with bug hunting too.

really you just kind of got to float this stuff out for a while and see who bites. if you are interested in the SCABIES and SF BATS connection you could post a prompt to both their/our threads.

what i have been doing is watching all the various forums and send PMs or emails to anybody who is from CA that i think is in SoCA. you could do the same thing for MidCA. it starts out slow but hopefully will sort of snow ball for you, like it did for SCABIES
weekend camping trip, will there be any fishing? if there's fishing i'm already game haha. Next summer the "CA Bug Hunt Camping Trip with a Fishing Cameo Apearance" now that it's titled. we're one step closer hah

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im in nrthn lassen co and have no field herping friends, they be all scared of things that move :(

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
weekend camping trip, will there be any fishing? if there's fishing i'm already game haha. Next summer the "CA Bug Hunt Camping Trip with a Fishing Cameo Apearance" now that it's titled. we're one step closer hah
for fishing and herping a fishing license is required for anyone over the age of like ~14, but if you have a FL then who is going to stop you?

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There is plenty of fishing in the area with three good lakes Hensley Lake, Millerton Lake and Eastman Lake

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is plenty of fishing in the area with three good lakes Hensley Lake, Millerton Lake and Eastman Lake
i expect any lakes you can shore fish from would also be cool to look for bugs at... but if one was to herp you would almost certainly need a FL cuz rangers check fishing places all the time

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i'm also in the Cencal area but don't expect to make any meetings.

We have some nice T's up here. Based off scottstarantulas site they are likely Aphonopelma iodus. I have a female sitting on an eggsac right now. Scorps(U. mordax, Serradigitus, found both in vicinity of Bass Lake). Supposedly we have Hadrurus even though we are so far North...they are proly in the chaparral somewhere.

anyone here about the tarantula conference in Coarsegold?