Centipedes have a right to have a pleasant life

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
I was mountain biking in my local state forest today and I came across these guys (there was about five of them, one of them very beefy he looked like he’d eaten three wedding cakes in one go). So without further ado, I’ll get to the story. So they found a 20cm (8”) ethmostigmus rubripes and the large, beefy man had a can of Mortein insect killer and was trying to spray it when I stopped my bike and I said: “OI, PUT THAT CAN DOWN AND LET THE CENTIPEDE GO OR ELSE!!!” So then he starts swearing and using profanities and he says: “you are harassing us” and I added:” this centipede is being harassed and it is my duty to speak for these creatures in need! You are trying to literally murder this creature who has done nothing wrong and trying to get away from the scene and you trying to kill it with that vile insect killer!” So I got back onto my mountain bike and I managed to free the centipede with my snake tool and chased the vile men away with my mountain bike! After that I reported the matter with the local animal abuse prevention committee! I just thought I would like to share that story with you wonderful people and I hope you have a wonderful evening and speak up for invertebrates in need because they are animals that deserve to be alive and be safe and happy!!!

Scoly

Arachnobaron
I salute you for this!

However, on the subject of harassment - an in light of some shit I've had to go through recently with a stalker - may I heartily recommend against using your exact home address as your location on your profile (or anywhere else online for that matter). I merely hovered over your avatar to find out what part of the world this story happened in and now I know what your house looks like :penguin:

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
I salute you for this!

However, on the subject of harassment - an in light of some shit I've had to go through recently with a stalker - may I heartily recommend against using your exact home address as your location on your profile (or anywhere else online for that matter). I merely hovered over your avatar to find out what part of the world this story happened in and now I know what your house looks like :penguin:
Thanks! I’ve notified staff about it and they should be able to get rid of it for me. We really aren’t too keen on having strange visitors come around to our home, and my grandmother is very particular about other people coming round, because I asked someone to come over to look after my ethmostigmus rubripes and my hadronyche infensa when I went away for a fortnight and she hit the roof!! (They did get looked after so don’t worry!) But anyway thanks for informing me about this!!

Scoly

Arachnobaron
Thanks! I’ve notified staff about it and they should be able to get rid of it for me. We really aren’t too keen on having strange visitors come around to our home, and my grandmother is very particular about other people coming round, because I asked someone to come over to look after my ethmostigmus rubripes and my hadronyche infensa when I went away for a fortnight and she hit the roof!! (They did get looked after so don’t worry!) But anyway thanks for informing me about this!!
I don't think it's staff, I think you get to set your own location, but I suppose it is worth informing the team that the system lets people do this.