Centipedes and climate change: will they survive?

Nicholas Rothstein

Arachnoknight
Progress should be as fast as possible. What's worse: some south american farmers losing their jobs, or tens of millions of refugees pouring over the border because they can no longer survive the conditions in their homeland?
Forcing people against their will to induce progress is worse than death. I'd rather die than give up my freedoms allotted to me by a power greater than man.

I am not against progress. I said progress should be constant but gradual. We should always be progressing but do it without any steep dives or abrupt stops. What people are asking for it steep dives and abrupt stops. Predictions that the world would end due to climate change have been around longer than any human alive now. That causes just a smidge of skepticism to people who value knowledge.

Compromise isn't hard. The reason why people don't do it is because that would require people to admit something or bend their knee.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Progress should be as fast as possible. What's worse: some south american farmers losing their jobs, or tens of millions of refugees pouring over the border because they can no longer survive the conditions in their homeland?
Too much change too fast is not a good thing in general. Not to mention that depending on what is done, it could also cripple economies and cause mass starvation.

At this point, I'd say that the rhetorical question is a logical fallacy, because we have no way to know with complete certainty what is going to happen, and there are more than those two scenarios possible depending on different choices, even if we could somehow accurately predict the future.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Forcing people against their will to induce progress is worse than death. I'd rather die than give up my freedoms allotted to me by a power greater than man.

I am not against progress. I said progress should be constant but gradual. We should always be progressing but do it without any steep dives or abrupt stops. What people are asking for it steep dives and abrupt stops. Predictions that the world would end due to climate change have been around longer than any human alive now. That causes just a smidge of skepticism to people who value knowledge.

Compromise isn't hard. The reason why people don't do it is because that would require people to admit something or bend their knee.
Yeah, too fast and furious can cause chaos. Also many people losing their jobs, refugees, etc. from other countries has more to do with politics than climate change. A little long winded for us with ADD but here's a good vid explaining such things.
That's a good tube channel btw imo, for those that like to keep up with that kind of thing and economics.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Well, we’ve just had terrible bushfires here in Australia!! Oh and to those who do not know, I have returned home from the evacuation centre and went to see how my animal table in my garden shed was doing, and I am back on this fantastic forum with all of you lovely people and your intriguing creatures!! I am really pleased!!!!