Centipede won’t eat anything besides crickets

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
I have a wc scolopendra heros, I’ve kept it for about three months now, I would feed it crickets maybe once or twice a week. But the thing with crickets, is you can’t keep them alive for long, and I don’t want to have to spend money on getting a heat pad specifically for crickets and have the crickets occasionally die and flies coming over in my house, so I tried feeding the centipede some cockroaches, but it seems to be very scared, but as soon as I switch to crickets it started eating, is there anyway to help my centipede get used to eating cockroaches (red runners)?

*this post is NOT sponsored by cricket wireless*

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Mine happily take mealworms, superworms and isopods. There are other options than crickets.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Room temp is fine for crickets and when taken care of, which is very simple, can live long enough.

No reason you would need a heat pad.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I’ll give it a try
Room temp. Egg crate/Toilet tube and a piece of paper towel.

Make sure they have enough room to avoid cannibalizing.

Feed: Oatmeal or Dog food or look up other options and for water AND food add bits of fruit/veggies...apple...carrots...whatever

Change out the fruit bits every day/other day

Change the paper objects as they get dirty..

Way easier then it sounds.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Mine only ate super worms for a while. (S spinosissma) but moved to dubias after i killed them or tore them beforehand. Then she started taking down big ones no problem. Try prekilling n kinda tearing them a lil n leaving them near it so it can go see theyre not a threat and maybe taste good Too. also maybe theyre too big compared to yours so its scared? Just another idea

I feed my centipedes all kinds of insects. They do have their preferences but I found that if you prekill new prey items before giving live food, better results will come. Just be sure if you're wild catching feeders that no pesticides are in the surrounding area. I've had no issues with this method so far.