Centipede substrate

User140317

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I have topsoil with fertalizer but no chemical stuff added to it I mixed it with cocofiber, is this harmful to the centipede? I just wanted to make sure before I put the centipede in the enclosure.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Hello,

I have topsoil with fertalizer but no chemical stuff added to it I mixed it with cocofiber, is this harmful to the centipede? I just wanted to make sure before I put the centipede in the enclosure.
Well there's a contradiction!
So it's got fertiliser but no chemical additions??
That's exactly what fertiliser is!
I use cocofiber and sand.

Last edited by a moderator:

LizardStudent

Arachnosquire
There are some natural fertilizers that are not chemicals, but I still would not include them in your setup. What's the point of having them in there anyway? Even if you have plants in, you don't need it for an invertebrate setup

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Topsoil is perfect. Try to use something without chemicals and sorta inside, and you're done. Consider also that basically the 98% of 'pedes (Asian ones in particular) are pure finest WC and they arrive from highly polluted areas (Vietnam and such), so they're quite bulletproof by default. Not saying now that those 'pedes should be housed into an enclosure with "harmful" topsoil as a substrate, eh... Only that IMO those buggers are by far hardy than the normal, average CB T's on that sense.

User140317

Arachnopeon
Topsoil is perfect. Try to use something without chemicals and sorta inside, and you're done. Consider also that basically the 98% of 'pedes (Asian ones in particular) are pure finest WC and they arrive from highly polluted areas (Vietnam and such), so they're quite bulletproof by default. Not saying now that those 'pedes should be housed into an enclosure with "harmful" topsoil as a substrate, eh... Only that IMO those buggers are by far hardy than the normal, average CB T's on that sense.
It's a Gigantea White leg though, I already ordered cocofiber and sand to mix it together just to be sure.