Centipede Strength

How do centipedes rank when it comes to pound for pound strength? How does the bite force compare to other apex predators like orcas and jaguars pound for pound? Is the centipede OP?

Last edited:

Danzog

Arachnosquire
I would imagine it's no where close, as the forciples are extremely sharp thus not needing a lot of pressure, especially compared to something like a lion or orca, just my 2 sense tho

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It’s a torque problem. You could potentially solve this problem yourself given the cross sectional force at the joint of the mandible. If I remember correctly the equation would be something like the distance from the point of rotation (hinge of mandible) times the cross sectional force at the mandible divided by the entire distance from the point of rotation to the end of the mandible. This would give you the force converted into psi at the tip of its bitey parts. (Forgive me if I mislabeled any of its mouth parts, I’m not a centipede expert :/) My point is, given some known data from other insects, you could get a rough idea as to what its bite force might be.

TierZoo, is that you? :p
No, I'd never put Latrodectus in F Tier. Easily S tier. For the simple reason they can subdue tarantula hawks and and pretty much anything else that can't escape their webs. But please, do try to contribute to this centipede related thread without going too far off topic.