Centipede sellers in uk

Scotgirl7870

Arachnopeon
Hi, does anyone know if the website venomous visions uk is any good? I found it today and they seem to have a good selection but I've never heard of them before.

Scotgirl7870

Arachnopeon
I saw they've got a fb and an Instagram too but I'm wondering if anyone has bought from them?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hi, does anyone know if the website venomous visions uk is any good? I found it today and they seem to have a good selection but I've never heard of them before.
Oh my oh my. I hope so looking at their pedes.

Scotgirl7870

Arachnopeon
I had a look on their fb page and they have good reviews so think I'm going to risk buying a flag tail from them

basin79

ArachnoGod
I had a look on their fb page and they have good reviews so think I'm going to risk buying a flag tail from them
Please update this thread on the outcome. Never heard of them before dispite searching for scolopendra/centipedes in the UK.

Scotgirl7870

Arachnopeon
I will, I've placed an order this evening and asked if I could have a specific delivery day and they got back to me straight away. I'll update when I get my pede

Minty

@londontarantulas
TSS have Scolopendra alternans available just now. They look absolutely massive.

NYAN

Arachnoking

Scotgirl7870

Arachnopeon
Please update this thread on the outcome. Never heard of them before dispite searching for scolopendra/centipedes in the UK.
I received my order today and I must say I'm very impressed with it. The pede was packed brilliantly, it's actually bigger than I thought it would be and they're communication was outstanding. I'm definitely gonna be buying from them again, not least because of their selection of pedes but also because I've had a few problems with spidershop in the past

basin79

ArachnoGod
I received my order today and I must say I'm very impressed with it. The pede was packed brilliantly, it's actually bigger than I thought it would be and they're communication was outstanding. I'm definitely gonna be buying from them again, not least because of their selection of pedes but also because I've had a few problems with spidershop in the past
Fantastic to read. Thanks for updating.

Scoly

Arachnobaron
Great to know, thanks! You're not the first person to be a bit disappointed by TSS when ordering non-tarantulas. I've had good stock and less good stock from them, but am overall not massively impressed by their professionalism, and am not the only one.

Do you know of anyone selling hardwickei?
No one is selling S. hardwickei that I know of. I have a dozen juveniles but am keeping them back as part of a breeding programme with a handful of other keepers in Europe, as that's the only way we can ensure the survival of the captive population. We had I think 7 clutches of hardwickei in Europe in 2016, so maybe 200-300 pedelings produced! By 2018 the only active breeder, Tom, could only find two males for breeding, despite searching high and low and offering top dollar. One died in a freakish moult gone wrong before the breeder got a chance to pair it, the other one (mine) was mated to two females but was killed while attempting it with a third. Of the two mated females, one died, one produced an average size clutch, and that was the only CB harwickii clutch produced anywhere in the world in 2018. We're now relying on those to mature so we can pair them with what few specimens are still around. Once there are sufficient numbers to spare, they'll be back on the market, but to ensure that happens (and happens year after year) we need to keep back everything we have for the time being.

It's just the only way of ensuring long term success with a species which is scarce, produces small clutches (compared to say tarantulas) and has a very low survival rate in the hands of inexperienced keepers.

Chilled

Arachnopeon
I've bought centipedes from them at a couple of shows last year also bought centipedes from their website, that TSS is always hit and miss either over priced or slow getting back to messages, but venomous visions they got some eye-watering centipedes man, ordered cherry red and a scolopendra hero's, can't wait till I get paid at the end of the month