Centipede refuses food

snaald

Arachnopeon
Hey there! I bought a full grown centipede ( scolopendra subspinipes ) 2 months ago and it hasn't grabbed any locust or dubia roach I offered. It's only sitting in his hide and its not very active. Do I need to worry? Are they picky eaters? The humidity and temperature are optimal for this species so I don't know what's wrong. I have kept tarantulas for years, but I'm pretty new when it comes to keeping centipedes.

Royal Rover

Arachnopeon
I've kept dozens of S. subspinipes which are mostly curious explorers. Not a picky eater, but they don't eat as frequently. Wanna take a look at your terrarium & the condition of the individual.

Raptorr

Arachnopeon
Hey there! I bought a full grown centipede ( scolopendra subspinipes ) 2 months ago and it hasn't grabbed any locust or dubia roach I offered. It's only sitting in his hide and its not very active. Do I need to worry? Are they picky eaters? The humidity and temperature are optimal for this species so I don't know what's wrong. I have kept tarantulas for years, but I'm pretty new when it comes to keeping centipedes.
You don't have to worry. It's normal for a centipede to go through periods of not eating. It is probably premolt.

JazzyPickles

Arachnopeon
im having this same issue with a Dahaani i just got. last time he ate was on the 9th before he was shipped to me. i thought he was sluggish due to transport, but he hasnt ate or really moved around or explored.