Centipede Query

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello All,
I was wondering how you guys feed and care for a centi with no fangs???
my Indonesian blacktip leg have no fangs.

Any advise is welcome.
thanks
FT

hibludij

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
u should probably prekill its food, other then that i think you take care of it like any other pede.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yup, my indo blacktip has it's fangs clipped, just put in a prekilled cricket,mine goes nuts on the prekilled ones:D

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Same with my Indo. Black-Tipped, defanged as well. I do exactly what Beetleman does, however, I have to actually tear the crickets stomach area open so that a bit of the gut matter is exposed. My pede has a heckuva time getting past the outer layers of even the dead crickets.

Good luck with your pede! They're pretty cool!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why are all these centipedes defanged? Were they bought like that, or did you guys do them yourselves?

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why are all these centipedes defanged? Were they bought like that, or did you guys do them yourselves?
They arrived that way... Why would anyone in their right mind defang one out of their own free will? That would make exactly no sense to me.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wonder if some collectors do this if they are going to haul a bunch back and but them in a bag that can be bitten through that is next to their body or something like that. And maybe they put them all together. Also, I've heard some are used as fish bait and they are defanged so people won't get bitten while handling them. I don't know for sure.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well it's a really sick thing to do:mad: clipping scorpions stingers also:mad: HUMANS!:evil:

gunks

Arachnopeon
Kinda takes the fun outta owning a pede too (it being defanged)....I think if I got one like that I'd ask for a refund. Thats like...Damaged goods!

I mean, would you own a pet gorilla if it had its arms and legs removed to make it a safer pet?

...Haha...I would.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kinda takes the fun outta owning a pede too (it being defanged)....I think if I got one like that I'd ask for a refund. Thats like...Damaged goods!

I mean, would you own a pet gorilla if it had its arms and legs removed to make it a safer pet?

...Haha...I would.
The pedes will grow the fangs back, hehe, the gorilla would be "Damaged goods" for life. Well, I guess there's always prosthetics?

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i look at this kinda like venomoids(i am against)...but good lord i don't want to start that debate...perhaps people who ship mass quantities of them don't want them tearing eachother apart? I don't know but it seems like it would be very difficult to do...