Centipede picture thread

krbshappy71

Arachnosquire
Night-vision web cam pic, Mushu (S. dehanni) was having a grand time running laps in his enclosure last night. This is a 10 gallon, is he getting too long for it? He is along the front in this picture. He hunts very well!

Attachments

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Ha ha ha ha. That's why in my pics you see the pedes chowing down. Makes life easier.
Definitely easier that way. I’m usually pretty good at not disturbing my pedes when I go to take pictures, which is why most of the pictures I post are of a calm pede, sitting nice and still :)

basin79

ArachnoGod
Definitely easier that way. I’m usually pretty good at not disturbing my pedes when I go to take pictures, which is why most of the pictures I post are of a calm pede, sitting nice and still :)
As soon as I open their enclosures they start twitching their antennas.

Lexicious

Arachnopeon
I haven't been able to catch her eating yet, I tend to wait for her to surface of her own accord before I get in there with a lens.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
20190627_223157.jpg
My possibly sick dehaani. Note the small black mark on her, this is not an old injury it has seemingly developed overnight. From my understanding of this type of issue it can go one of two ways, the pede will molt and be fine, or it will die. Ahhh centipedes. :happy:

Jlaw154

Arachnopeon
These are some great pictures though just wondering anyone got a pictures of Scolopendra subcrustalis?

krbshappy71

Arachnosquire
FE19B1B6-DCA3-4D8A-9375-6E60FFFCACC7.jpeg Mushu is finally out again! I was starting to worry, it has been two weeks I think since I last saw him out from under his dish. I peeked under the water dish once and he waved at me so I put it back down just thankful it was alive. I’ve watched the cam every night hoping to see him and today he was just out munching away on a dubia, he didn’t even hide when we were walking around feeding the Ts. Very relieved.