Centipede picture thread

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Man, those scutigeromorpha are really beautiful! How big can this species grow? I hear there are truly giant members to this group..

kermitdsk

Arachnosquire
Man, those scutigeromorpha are really beautiful! How big can this species grow? I hear there are truly giant members to this group..
Yes absolutely!
The bigges one I had, had an 9cm body ;)
Hope one day I get them again... I had a couple, but about half a year after successful mating, one of them died and a few weeks later the other. I had stored the substrate but unfortunately I never had baby pedes...

kermitdsk

Arachnosquire
Another one of my favorites (this is an unprocessed photo, no color post-processing ;)) P1010144.JPG
Scolopendra spec. ''tanzania neon leg''

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Damn! A 9cm sounds huge..
That second pede is a Scolopendra mirabilis, you’re very lucky to have one as they’ve become very rare... do you have a source for them? Haha

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
How did you sex/pair the Thereupoda? We've got some pretty cool scutigeromorphs in Australia too, and I'd love to get them established in the hobby.

kermitdsk

Arachnosquire
That second pede is a Scolopendra mirabilis
Everybody calls this species Scolopendra mirabilis I think this is misinformation. From what I know it's not Scolopendra mirabilis. It's still an unknown spiecies, so Scolopendra spec. 'tanzania neon leg' would be better ;).