Centipede Parasites?

Chris WT

Arachnosquire
In my S. Dehaani's enclosure last night I found frass with "eggs" in and on it. I think they are too tiny to be pede eggs and after a night of Internet review I have found that they are most likely eggs but possibly from an internal parasite. Does anyone have an ID or suggestions on what these are or could be? I think centipede eggs are unlikely simply because how small the eggs in question here are compared to images of normal centipede eggs.

What are my options with this? Is my health at risk and are my other animals and inverts?

Attachments

Salvador

Arachnosquire
It's probably some type of mold or such, I can see there your wooden hide also has some other growth going on, so it's likely pretty humid/low airflow in the enclosure?

Chris WT

Arachnosquire
The humidity is not that high and the frass was not in the tank for long. The "eggs" were also next to the frass. I've been very careful to prevent mold growth. I've only had this particular centipede for 3 weeks. This may of come with it

Salvador

Arachnosquire
I've looked at other pictures of centipede leavings, and can see white balls similar to yours. I admit I've never inspected them close-up before, so I'll check when I get home if mine have done the same. I never thought keeping them would bring me to poo-scoping hah

Chris WT

Arachnosquire
It certainly disturbs me. I'd imagine if it's common it would be recognized I'd it was truly an issue. But anything is possible and I think it's a valid concern. I hope someone more educated than me has a clue but the next step is contacting venom labs or other places of science that keep centipedes and try to find out from them

Salvador

Arachnosquire
I've had a look at mine as best I can, and I have found similar. This is from captive bred stock too, so I'm going to go on a limb here and say it's part of the waste process. I'll try and get pictures if you want.

Chris WT

Arachnosquire
I've had a look at mine as best I can, and I have found similar. This is from captive bred stock too, so I'm going to go on a limb here and say it's part of the waste process. I'll try and get pictures if you want.
Sure, pics always help. I didn't inspect mine thoroughly as the people in the " Hardwicki Experiment" but they found the "eggs" through out the frass. if you still have yours would you be willing to pull it apart?

Chris WT

Arachnosquire
I was feeling very optimistic for a while but a little bit of Google-fu revealed to me how uncommon menstruation is in the animal kingdom.

IF this is a parasite it could be hypothesized that the proximity of the host (the mother) to her pedelings could perhaps spread from the frass?