Centipede keeps trying to climb

Sepa

Arachnopeon
My newly acquired desert centipede (polymorpha I think), when not burrowed, likes to comes out an (unsuccessfully) climb the walls of the terrarium.

Is this indicative of something, or just normal centipede behavior?

Also, last night the centipede came out of the ground, backwards, and began cleaning its antenna, all of its legs began tapping in place.

Last edited:

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Idk. My morsitans does that all the time, and he's fine. I wouldn't be too worried, especially if it isn't doing it constantly.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Centipedes like to explore and look for ways to escape. No reason to worry. If it stops hiding and is constantly trying to escape that could be a sign of a problem environment.

I haven't had pedes in a long time but I do remember them doing the leg tapping thing from time to time, in slow motion. Nothing bad happened. It's just being a 'pede :)

basin79

ArachnoGod
My newly acquired desert centipede (polymorpha I think), when not burrowed, likes to comes out an (unsuccessfully) climb the walls of the terrarium.

Is this indicative of something, or just normal centipede behavior?

Also, last night the centipede came out of the ground, backwards, and began cleaning its antenna, all of its legs began tapping in place.
Perfectly normal pede behaviour.