Centipede Information/CareSheet

Venom100

Arachnosquire
Hello I’d like to know what others Keep they’re centipedes temps at.
Scolopendra Dehaani “Thai Red Legs”
Scolopendra Subspinipes “Lowland Jewel”
Scolopendra Dehaani “Red Dragon”
Scolopendra Galapagoensis
Scolopendra Dehaani “Sumatran Cherry”
Scolopendra Polymopha
Scolopendra Sp Toxic Tips

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
I was curious if raising or lowering temp is the same with Ts. Where as it can slow down a molt or kind of push a moly.
I’m pretty sure they’re the same in that regard. Higher temps result in faster growth rates, while lower temps result in slower growth rates.

Conor10

Arachnoknight
It is cold where I keep my monster S. Polymortha so every winter she burrows down and stays there until the spring

Venom100

Arachnosquire
It is cold where I keep my monster S. Polymortha so every winter she burrows down and stays there until the spring
Yeah mines are pretty active but temps stay room temperature. Night it drops a bit, any pics of your polymorpha?

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Do you recommend occasional feeding vs feeding till uninterested in food?
I feed young until they are not longer interested, for adults i do more occasionally just because i am lazy. I think that other than not putting enough moisture, 2and biggest mistake is people do not feeding the centipedes enough.

Scoly

Arachnobaron
Scolopendra Sp Toxic Tips are subspinipes. Those and your dehaani prefer high 20's (27-29) during the day dropping to 20-ish at night. Same goes for galapagoensis.
The whole "room temperature" advice is really unhelpful. It might work if you live in a place where its 25 with windows open, but if you need to put heating on to reach 20C that's a totally different matter. S.galapagoensis pedelings will fall way behind at those temperatures, as will many other species.