Centipede ID.

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I found that centipede when i'm searching for scorpions. Theres much more centipedes like this in the area that scorpions, but are much more hard to capture. They have a fenomenal speed!!

The pics aren't very good but its the better I can take.

Hope you like and help with ID:

Maybe Scolopendra Cingulata?

cheers

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A tiger centipede is what species?

Note that was found in Portugal in the wild!!

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
BEfore I let him go, I wish I could give he a meal.
So I give him a roach and he only run away from it...

May be stressed?

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P_e_a_R, please dont worry about feeding it. Feeding it only ups the risks of introducing a parasite/disease into the wild populations. Very nice pede, they do make great pets.

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P_e_a_R, please dont worry about feeding it. Feeding it only ups the risks of introducing a parasite/disease into the wild populations. Very nice pede, they do make great pets.
Hi guys,

What, Explain you point please!

I know they make great pets. If he adapts well to captivity, i can think in mantain him...

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P_e_a_R I am sorry, I should have explained that point better.

Please do not feed a wild temporary captive prey items that are not wild. Some of the feeders in the hobby can carry nematodes, mites, and other parasites that may not be native to your area. Feeding and then releasing the centipede would only increase the chances of introducing a parasite or disease into your native habitat.

As for the centipede. All you will really need for it to thrive is a decent sized jar with a tight lid, and some damp peat. You can feed a centipede that size 3 to 5 3/4" to 1" prey items a week. You may also want to mist it every week or so if the humidity is hard to maintain. Good luck, I hope you enjoy the centipede.

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, I understood your point. I will try to feed them with WC grasshopers. If he eats regular I wil stay with him!

Altought, The roach still live in the enclusore.