Centipede hunteing

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello all,

Okay I am going to be in a very remote area in the Texas hill country in the next few weeks. Now I find millipedes there all the time when i am there but I want to try to get my hands on some centipedes. So I was looking for any tips pointers info anything really. And I wanted to ask some questions

1 is it best to hunt at day or night?

2 where is it best to look under rocks, wandering at night or what ?

3 is there any why to find them like do they shine under a black light ?

thanks for any posts
arachnokid 93

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
you can look at night and maybe find some wandering around , but id look under rocks during the day and watch for snakes too. there will prob be lots of scorps too , but they dont hurt too bad lol
they pedes like to be close to water too, so if you look around a lake with lots of rocks ...

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the info Drachenjager. I have been talking to some pepole and I herd that Scolopendra Heros Castaniceps lives in this area now this is a pede I have been loking into buying but now maby I can catch one. I want to know something a lot of peploe say that they do not hide under rocks but like to stay under houses and piles of wood is this true. And ant info you can give me on thes pede would be great.

Thanks for any info,
Arachnokid 93

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks for the info Drachenjager. I have been talking to some pepole and I herd that Scolopendra Heros Castaniceps lives in this area now this is a pede I have been loking into buying but now maby I can catch one. I want to know something a lot of peploe say that they do not hide under rocks but like to stay under houses and piles of wood is this true. And ant info you can give me on thes pede would be great.

Thanks for any info,
Arachnokid 93
those things i have only found around rocks and water. if they are in the area look for rocks close to water...not in water but close like 1/2 mile or less and flat rocks flip em over and be ready lol
they like moisture but not wet ground. damp yes but not soaked. hmmm they bite good and are pretty darn fast lol