Centipede find!!!

NatureJay

Arachnopeon
Only managed to get one pic as i was kinda busy after work....

I gave momma a roach and she didnt hesitate to lunge and wrap around the tongs and all.... when i first took off the lid they were munchin on something. I have no idea what. I know that piece of root has isopods in it and i saw a small millipede and an earthworm in there so maybe something got killed....

Babies were eating the roach too...
20180203_012644.jpg

NatureJay

Arachnopeon
Ok so i transfered momma pede to a separate enclosure so plings can eat properly... I would have moved the plings but the bucket has more space for them to roam and i feel more comfortable with them in there... How often should i feed the plings? Ive fed them twice already...

20180206_224759.jpg

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
The mother looks very skinny, offer her some more prey and maybe a bit of fruit like banana.

The babies should have a piece of dead prey in there soon as the old one is eaten (within reason) as they need lost of feeding when this small. After a month or so they start to eat less after they get fatter, but now, they will eat as much as they can. You don't have to worry about centipedes of any age starving, but lots of food now will make sure that the weaker 'plings can have more of a chance and the larger ones don't eat their siblings (though cannibalism at this age is rare).

NatureJay

Arachnopeon
The mother looks very skinny, offer her some more prey and maybe a bit of fruit like banana.

The babies should have a piece of dead prey in there soon as the old one is eaten (within reason) as they need lost of feeding when this small. After a month or so they start to eat less after they get fatter, but now, they will eat as much as they can. You don't have to worry about centipedes of any age starving, but lots of food now will make sure that the weaker 'plings can have more of a chance and the larger ones don't eat their siblings (though cannibalism at this age is rare).
The momma is indeed skinny... Thinner than the other one... Ill feed them when i get home. Around here theres plenty of prey... small lizards, frogs, crickets, grasshoppers, roaches... i was worried about over feeding but now i know ill keep them fed...

NatureJay

Arachnopeon
Finally rehoused one of my pedes yesterday.... Gonna do the other tonight...
Pedelings are doing great. I saw them molting last week and growing nicely... Sorry i didnt take any pics....

Glass jar is old enclosure... I think im gonna use bamboo leaves instead... Those leaves look out of place...lol...

20180319_001607.jpg 20180319_001519.jpg 20180319_001103.jpg

JoP

Arachnosquire
Yup... I give one about every 2 weeks... or sometimes i feed grasshoppers or roaches....
How are the pedelings? Did you keep them? Not sure where you're located geographically, but I'd love one if you'd be willing to rehome one.