Centipede dead? Help me find the culprit!

CentiPete

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, yesterday or the day before my centipede passed away. I found it today, already being eaten by the isopods, so I guess it has been dad for at least half a day.
abotu two or three days ago, I saw that fungus was growing in an area of the enclosure. Do you think it might be related? I got the animal already as an adult as a gift from a friend. So no telling how old it was. It has been really active lately, so its death comes as a surprise.
I kept it together with some isopods and a couple roaches. It seemed to work well, from time to time it would catch a roach, I saw it one night, when it ate the roach and also found some remains.
Thanks for any tips. I miss the little guy, and plan on getting another one in the future, so I want to avoid making mistakes.
Best, Pete

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Mold is never an issue as in the wild, mold is basically everywhere, so the culprit isn't mold related. A picture of the entire enclosure would help.

CentiPete

Arachnopeon
Many thanks Liquifin, here are two pics, one closeup of the body, you can see a couple legs are missing now, it did not die in this position, I oulle it out of the corner to see if I could see any injuries. I have been spending all night in front of the enclosure, as I had some tight deadlines, It just crawled around happily then laid down in a corner. one day later, when I spreayed the enclosure, which I do daily, it still moved a bit. the next day, dead.

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
That enclosure substrate looks dry as far as I'm concerned. What species of centipede is this?

CentiPete

Arachnopeon
it was defined as dehaani in this forum, I did not buy it, I only built the enclosure when I got it, it was kept in a tupperware. I sprayed daily and generously with water, but it evaporates quickly, maybe it was indeed too dry for the animal? I felt the critter was doing well, it has been actively preying on the roaches in there, which I thought was cool for him to find its own meal inside the enclosure.