Centipede Breeder info?

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Does anyone know of any US based centipede breeders?

I'd like to get a S. angulata but considering you only get a few short years out of centipedes (compared to the likes of B. smithi), I'd prefer not to get a WC one with unknown age.

Thank you for any help!

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
http://bfy.tw/B4Nr

So by centipede "breeder", do you mean someone that has bred centipedes? You wont find someone who does JUST centipedes, never say never, whatever.

Theyre usually a subset of business, kenthebugguy, bugsincyberspace, swifts invertebrates, tarantulaspiders.com

... all these people have "bred" centipedes at least once

But no there isnt the rack and stack centipede breeder like you might find with some snake breeders, who make an actual profit as far as im concerned

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Anything can be found if you do your research and make inquiries. I'm sure you will find someone here amongst the dedicated diehard enthusiasts that can help you in your quest.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
http://bfy.tw/B4Nr

So by centipede "breeder", do you mean someone that has bred centipedes? You wont find someone who does JUST centipedes, never say never, whatever.

Theyre usually a subset of business, kenthebugguy, bugsincyberspace, swifts invertebrates, tarantulaspiders.com

... all these people have "bred" centipedes at least once

But no there isnt the rack and stack centipede breeder like you might find with some snake breeders, who make an actual profit as far as im concerned
:anxious: What is that link? Is google some kind of virus? Where's that report suspicious activity link? :troll:

Mikes house of a thousand legs used to breed centipedes in the US but he closed up recently.
As far as the ones you listed, I have only ever seen WC specimens for sale. Perhaps I'm just not looking often enough.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
only place i can even hope of finding centipedes is tarantula Canada and expos.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:anxious: What is that link? Is google some kind of virus? Where's that report suspicious activity link? :troll:

Mikes house of a thousand legs used to breed centipedes in the US but he closed up recently.
As far as the ones you listed, I have only ever seen WC specimens for sale. Perhaps I'm just not looking often enough.
Thats usually the case man, you might even ask them directly, some of those guys might not even advertise that the pedeling is in fact a captive bred generation, rather than a removed by 1 WC, also, why do you desire a truly captive bred centipede? they are not immune to "parasites" ?

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats usually the case man, you might even ask them directly, some of those guys might not even advertise that the pedeling is in fact a captive bred generation, rather than a removed by 1 WC, also, why do you desire a truly captive bred centipede? they are not immune to "parasites" ?
Yeah, i just want to get the most out of em. It would suck if I got a WC that just died of old age in under a year.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, i just want to get the most out of em. It would suck if I got a WC that just died of old age in under a year.
there are plenty, plenty of young, WC centipedes available, you can pretty much determine the age based on the size

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
there are plenty, plenty of young, WC centipedes available, you can pretty much determine the age based on the size
I guess I'll just have to contact those places with WC and ask for the "smallerest" ones.