CB, BB

datbagged620

Arachnopeon
CB's are always like this, they are OW Ts., being WC has nothing to do with it. They are just extremely defensive.

You want about 1.5x the Ts DLS between sub and lid. Otherwise your T will have issues. Esp. G. pulchra, that species gets pretty bulky and decent sized. A fall from the height the sub is at now, could kill one via ruptured abdomen.

Instead of screen go w/Lexan or some other plexiglass for a lid, just drill some holes. Screen tops are never good for Ts.
That's what I've been reading there not the pet and hold type lol. I will take the some plexi from work then and drill holes in it then. What about the lights I have? Both T has its on 7w bulb. I turn the lights off at night been getting mixed reviews on them.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The tanks are a lot bigger then what both Ts are used too. I have been able to feed the BB with forceps he's/she is fairly unafraid of me have held it twice now. The CB however is mean as hell lol. He was the last T at the store that no one would buy. He is a wild cought tho as the BB is not.
Careful with feeding with tongs, if the T accidently grabs them, it can break a fang.
And careful with handling. A short fall can cause your T to go splat on the floor if you startle it. Not to mention handling an OW like your 'cobalt blue'. (To prevent confusion, it is better to use their scientific names, your 'BB' being a G.pulchra,and your 'CB' being a C.lividus)
Edit, @viper69 beat me to it...

datbagged620

Arachnopeon
Careful with feeding with tongs, if the T accidently grabs them, it can break a fang.
And careful with handling. A short fall can cause your T to go splat on the floor if you startle it. Not to mention handling an OW like your 'cobalt blue'. (To prevent confusion, it is better to use their scientific names, your 'BB' being a G.pulchra,and your 'CB' being a C.lividus)
I'm aware of the dangers. I don't handle the CB because of how toxic its venom is. The BB however isn't a wild cought or as toxic as the CB. I treat them both with respect, I know there not my friends and aren't toys.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
What about the lights I have? Both T has its on 7w bulb. I turn the lights off at night been getting mixed reviews on them.
Are those lightbulbs for heat or just light? If they are heating the cage, I would get rid of them. Heat lamps can quickly desiccate a tarantula, even if water is available. If extra heat is needed, it's usually best to heat the room where the tarantulas are kept.

datbagged620

Arachnopeon
Are those lightbulbs for heat or just light? If they are heating the cage, I would get rid of them. Heat lamps can quickly desiccate a tarantula, even if water is available. If extra heat is needed, it's usually best to heat the room where the tarantulas are kept.
They put off little if any heat I can hold the bulb in my palm. I have tryd taking them away for a week to see if that was why they hiding but it didn't make a change to there behavior. The room the are in dose drop to about 70°

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
They put off little if any heat I can hold the bulb in my palm. I have tryd taking them away for a week to see if that was why they hiding but it didn't make a change to there behavior.
I wouldn't expect a "heatless" light to cause any harm as long as it's only on during the day (tarantulas are nocturnal), and the tarantulas have hides to get out of the light if they want.