User EpicEpic's Tarantula Pictures

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I don’t have one of this species. But after looking into them, I’ll be getting one in the near future.
They jumped to the top of my list out of nowhere and I got one soon after. Gorgeous and almost "scary" looking with full adult coloration. Thick chelicerae. Beautiful mix of that grayish black on blonde. Great eaters. Dirt movers. Mine has escavated the crap out it's digs and was just housed a few hours ago!

Personal preference was to get a juvie as they grow at a snails pace!

Good luck + Enjoy yours when you get it! 🤙

That pic was sent to me by the dealer FWIW. I'll feed it tomorrow but I heard this one is a beast of an eater :)

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I'm jealous! I've been wanting one of those for a few months now. They're so pretty! Really unique looking for an Aphonopelma especially. I think I'll be getting one of those eventually for sure.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I'm jealous! I've been wanting one of those for a few months now. They're so pretty! Really unique looking for an Aphonopelma especially. I think I'll be getting one of those eventually for sure.
/QUOTE]

GO FOR IT

Last edited:

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I don’t have one of this species. But after looking into them, I’ll be getting one in the near future.
I know of 2 different dealers I've bought from and trust that have these available. 2 different sizes and price points. One is a sac mate. PM me if you're interested in taking the plunge now. If you want/need to wait not a problem friend!

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
another one I want.
Mines a "badass". Quick as a whip. Made a complex tunnel under the corkbark hide. Sits outside all day and just guards it. Touch the container and she's in that tunnel in a halfblink!

Their was a hole on top of the cork cave. Put in that new roof by sealing the hole with dirt on the 3rd day lmao!

Highly recommend!!!!

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
S/he will NOT eat any other way!!...I had seen another pic of a genic doing the same thing and assumed it was a genic THING . Now I'm curious haha!
It's common for tarantulas to stand on their tippy-toes while eating. It seems to occur most with larger or longer prey items, suggesting that it's the tarantula's way to prevent the prey from gaining leverage by touching the ground.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
My geniculata "Rio" here again in SUPER LAZY MODE! 😆 The corkbark is holding up its rump like a La-Z-Boy!

I have a feeling the start of pre-molt is around the corner!

That just means it'll get more sluggish...this one is likely going to eat until the night before! 🍴

Attachments

Last edited: