Caves/Hides?

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anybody know a good place for nice looking hides for tarantulas...most places i look just have that basic reptile cave

i have one for my b.smithi which is a rock formation cave with plants sticking out of it which looks good in the tank but i am stuck with one of those basic caves for my small blondi

any good places on the internet that sells good unusual hides?
and any pics of ones you guys/girls have made for ideas :)

thanks

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I use a peace of bark as a cave. I dig a hole in the darker end of my Apophysis slings cave, and it seems to work quite nicely!

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i make my own using cork bark, grapewood, driftwood or rocks. a large piece or a bag of small pieces go for about the same price as a pre-made one and you can make more than one.

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is how i use corkbark

it gives them 2 levels and gives you a pretty good window to view them from
W

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does anybody know a good place for nice looking hides for tarantulas...most places i look just have that basic reptile cave

i have one for my b.smithi which is a rock formation cave with plants sticking out of it which looks good in the tank but i am stuck with one of those basic caves for my small blondi

any good places on the internet that sells good unusual hides?
and any pics of ones you guys/girls have made for ideas :)

thanks
i have one like yours for my b= albopilosum and she/ he / loves it :) ._._._ phil

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeh they are quite good dont get me wrong :)

but i cant imagine this blondi trying to squeeze into it in a few months and while im looking to get a bigger one i want a more decorative one as the rest of my tank has a kinda rainforest theme that im aiming for haha

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Novak, i REALLY liked what you did with the corkbark for a tunnel. i bet it gives the T a better sence of security than some of the premade upper level caves. It looks much more natural. It's also cool because it does give a better opportunity to view the T than if it burrows itself in the middle of the tank. Thanks!