Cave system

Spidey709

Arachnopeon
My little Brachypelma albopilosum has dug herself a little cave system in her enclosure. I'm just curious how worried I should be about it caving in on her. She is the only one on my tarantulas who has done this, so I am a little worried.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Dont worry. Burrowers know what they are doing and they can turn the driest coco fibre into complex tunnels..

Well in my experience B. albos can for sure

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
My male has a whole tunnel system going on too. It caves in on him all the time. He shows his dirty self on the surface for some food and starts another tunnel elsewhere. Unless you have a heavy water dish or hide, that could fall on him, I wouldn't worry.
Same goes for my 1" spiderling.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
My small female P Muticus (the Princess) had a massive cavern, taking most of the bottom of her critter keeper. Half of it collapsed yesterday including the entrance. I could see her there without a care in the world. Overnight, she dug a new entrance.
I also have a B vagans that loves to dig and burrow. It caved in. No biggie. She came crawling out and the started a new burrow.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Most terrestrial species, as slings, burrow. Its a natural instinct to avoid predation.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm 100% certain I purchased a M robustum juvenile female about 6 months ago but I think she's been tarantulanapped because all I have is a tunnel system