cave in question

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok I have a B. angustum sling that has burrowed along the side of its container. when it hit bottom it started to burrow under the substrate. theres about an inch of substate over it and I was wondering if this could cave in on it?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it always can -- keep and eye out and switch it up if youre too nervous.. they're pretty good about it though...

keep an eye out and if it caves in, dig it out :)
good luck!!

peace
dave

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
do you think maybe I could wait untill its out and push its burrow in, not all of it just the last part

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you could do that, or, if you get too too paranoid, you can always coax it out and start a burrow elsewhere.. but i'll tell you, you can start a burrow in the middle of the tank, and in a couple of days or weeks, it may be in the same exact spot.

so you can just let the T there and if-slash-when it caves in, you can dig it out..

you've really got a couple options....
go with what you feel is right.
i'm not about to tell you how to raise your T, i can only give you advice on what I would do in the same situation...

and depending on the size, i may dig it out, but if its big enough,i'd leave it there. I'm sure it feels comfortable there. how big is it anyways?

peace
good luck!
dave :)

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hes like a little bulldozer I was amazed at how much dirt he would move at a time. my main worry is that it isn't webbing the burrow or at least I can't see any. I would feel a lot better if he would reenforce the tunnel. but I think I'm just gonna leave it for now I figure it knows whats best... if it caves in I'll just dig it out