caught a "Cicindela formosa"

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
i just caught a Cicindela formosa, or big sand tiger beetle. how would i go about caring for these? i'm assuming sand, and a hide of some sort. but what do i feed these guys? and how do i water, just droplets on the side?? help me out everyone!!:?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
very nice find!:clap: yes keep it dry,hide,and you can use a shallow bottlecap type for water(all my pred.beetles get that),they will eat waxworms,mealworms,medium crickets,they are aggressive eaters,hope this helps,how big is it?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
very nice find!:clap: yes keep it dry,hide,and you can use a shallow bottlecap type for water(all my pred.beetles get that),they will eat waxworms,mealworms,medium crickets,they are aggressive eaters,hope this helps,how big is it?
REAL big IMO!:eek: body length over 1/2 inch, real stocky too. man they look like they got a wicked bite...:evil:
so, sand and a piece of bark with a shallow dish for water should work? medium crix 1 or 2 :)? ) times a week?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
REAL big IMO!:eek: body length over 1/2 inch, real stocky too. man they look like they got a wicked bite...:evil:
so, sand and a piece of bark with a shallow dish for water should work? medium crix 1 or 2 :)? ) times a week?
yeah, that would be fine, that setup is great for them,you can do 2 to 3x aweek 1 or 2crix as much as it will eat,since they are always on the run they tend to burn it off quickly,where as other pred.beetles hide alot,don't move around alot don't have to be fed that much. good luck on that awesome find!:clap: