Catching a tube web spider, S. florentina

HeartBum

Arachnobaron
Sorry I only just saw new replies on this! Amazing you've had one find you :p it's hard to tell by the photo, but that looks like what I'm after, a tube web spider. Strange how it was indoors on your stairs, there are so many species of spider it's hard to tell!! How people remember all the scientific names for them I don't know!!

I've given up for this year, I'm gonna wait till there's more of them about as most have died back over winter, the ones that live in the wall that are still alive and active I'm feedin in situe. They're amazing they'll take the biggest crickets twice the size of the spider no problem! Hehe

My lace weaver has molted twice it now in my care, there's a monster adult one that lives in my garden, can't wait till my one is that big.

I'll try and get some feeding clips of the outdoor spiders soon and I'll post then up here!
Thought I’d share a clearer picture C445EF07-3279-4BBE-AEA9-7D16CDEEA929.jpeg

executivebexley

Arachnopeon
Thought I’d share a clearer picture View attachment 372932
Oh wow magic!! She's beautiful. She's definitely a Segestria! But very light coloured maybe a s.senoculata or a very light s.florensis by the looks of the green chelicerae. both have the same idea, build a tube, chill inside it, when something comes by, yum yum time!! Amazing, has she made a web at all?

I wonder what they do when they don't have anywhere to build a tube. It amazes me too that they can bore into the mortar of walls, you can see little piles of brick dust at the mouth of their tube sometimes from excavating. Have a look on the dreaded YouTube, some really cool vertical setups for them