Catch and keep jumping and wolf spiders in OR?????

SmokinNightOwl

Arachnopeon
So I live in south western oregon actually in Roseburg,OR. I would love to catch and keep jumping spiders especially the cute ones and wolf spiders pardosa species is common here. Maybe even some black widows where would I find these types of spiders. Are they easy to catch??
Right now I am keeping two grass funnel weaver spiders. The female is doing well and the male I just caught was very thin and not doing so good but much better now.

Jadestone

Arachnosquire
Wolf spiders will hide during the day and come out at night to hunt. I usually find them around the edges of man-made structures, hiding in the grass. Jumping spiders, however, will be active during the day. Where you find them depends on the species, but some can be found around man-made structures. All else fails, a walk in the woods should turn up some interesting spiders. As for widows, the most experience I have with them is with Brown Widows, which will set up almost anywhere if conditions are right.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wolf spiders are easy to find at night, walk around with a flashlight and look for eye-shine. Possible to find western widows around old structures or in undisturbed chunks of forest. They're easy to catch once you get them out of their webs. A stick will help with that.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Agree with the above. Flashlight makes finding wolf spiders easy. Then you just get your container and...

As for jumping spiders, a joke between me and a friend is that the jumping spider will find you before you find it, ha ha. In all seriousness though you just keep your eyes peeled in good habitat that has plenty of prey (i.e small insects, both flying and terrestrial) around during the day and you should find some. They also build their web hammocks underneath medium sized stones, though with this method you have to be careful and make sure you don't crush a molting/freshly molted specimen or a mother with her egg sac.

Widows you need to gently flick out of their webs before they can make it into whatever crevice they have nearby (they are surprisingly fast in their web). As stated above a stick can help with that, or you can use a container and come down through the web quickly before the spider can start to make its getaway, though this method is more prone to error.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts