Cat Moments

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
A thread dedicated to those moments.

I'll start off. Snit, a cat, felis dementus. Role in life, observing me and what I am doing. Napping, eating, all secondary distractions.
He follows me downstairs. This is an extremely important slice of his life. I may be planning on doing something. Anything. The high point of his career so far. I take the clock off the wall. He gets up on a chair for the unobstructed view. I show him the clock close up. First the front. Huge anime eyes stare intently. Then the back. When I go to remove the battery he puts his fore-paws up on the counter for a closer look. Then I remove the battery. He's staring so intently I'm not sure he is breathing. I take a new battery from a package and hold it up for him to inspect. Then slowly like an illusionist doing sleight of hand in slow motion I install it into the clock. He stares. And stares. Then glances at me: And now what?
I turn the clock around. He moves until his nose almost touches the face. Then ever so slowly his head swivels as he observes the sweep second hand. Around and around they go. Like something from a Cheech and Chong sketch, "Wow man!" After a couple of minutes I got tired of holding the clock and hung it back on the wall. He takes his place on the floor beneath it, still staring intently. I go back up stairs and he glances between me departing and the clock. That sweep second hand wins. For a moment. Just as I am closing the door to my office he comes dashing up: Did I miss anything?
He is now divided between sitting on top of the book case to get a better look at the clock while listening for me to come out of the office. This might keep him entertained for a couple of weeks.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Weird always comes in pairs, or more it seems. Down at the major city market an hour ago. Narrow grubby alley jammed with people, motorcycles, hand carts, stall sellers, swampers, farmers and shoppers. And off to one side is an elegant looking woman wearing an immaculate floor length traditional skirt and hand embroidered silk blouse, prim and neat... and incongruous. She is wearing a motorcycle helmet and both her and a cat sitting on her shoulder are staring intently at a cell phone.

Feral

Arachnobaron
Weird always comes in pairs, or more it seems. Down at the major city market an hour ago. Narrow grubby alley jammed with people, motorcycles, hand carts, stall sellers, swampers, farmers and shoppers. And off to one side is an elegant looking woman wearing an immaculate floor length traditional skirt and hand embroidered silk blouse, prim and neat... and incongruous. She is wearing a motorcycle helmet and both her and a cat sitting on her shoulder are staring intently at a cell phone.
That is EXACTLY my flavour of weird!
I love her and her cat so bleeping hard, it hurts.

And I really love how you paint a picture!

Last summer I made friends with a stray cat down the street. I always have such a soft spot for the black kitties, so when I saw her under a car I squatted down and asked her with my body language if she wanted to be friends. She immediately trotted over to me, rubbed against me once and then put both of her front feet on my knee so that her face was just a few inches from mine. She stared intently in my eyes for a long long moment... then seemed satisfied with what she saw, and jumped right up on my shoulder! Very surprising! She turned on her purr machine and walked back and forth from one shoulder to the other, purring and rubbing her face on my bun of dreads and kneading my neck.

She was like a little black parrot perched on my shoulder!
I called her Tsisqualisda. It means blackbird. :D

Every time I saw her, it was the same- if I would squat down, then immediately up on my shoulder she went. It surprised the neighbors, they knew she was friendly but had never seen her do that! She was amazing.