cast contrast&walking the pede

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
S. h. castaneiceps contrast and walking the subspinipes. Some bugs to look at in the Myiapod section:) .

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hears my vietnamies centi. allso can any one tell me if its a male or female?? and how can u tell, what area to look at ect.
if its a guy, his name is Ho chi mhin.

edit:
this is the first time my centi is being seen by any one on arachnoboards:p so enjoy
*cept frogy man or what ever his name is*

Last edited:

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the head of the s. h. castaneiceps seem kinda dull. is it approaching a molt or is that it's natural color. o, and i am refering to the last picture of the S. h. castaneiceps.
also, does anyone know if the blue body color of S. h. castanceips suppose to fade as it grow bigger?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool subspinipes Spiderman. Looks pretty big. The color of these are natural. But they are still babies. The colors may change a little with molts but I expect the light colored legs to remain that basic color on that pede. I also expect it to keep some noticeable black pigment on the head. The female that one came from looks allot like that. Here are the parents. The female is the one getting the terminals of the male in her face. From what I've seen, baby or adult, their bodies are usually really dark. I see some that are a little greenish and others that are more blue but I don't see much color changes on the body from molt to molt. They do look a little more blue to me right after a molt but they turn darker after a day or two. My camera makes the S. h. c's look more blue than they really are. But the pedes I have with the lighter legs, their bodies do look a little more blue in general. My flash didn't go off when I took the these mating pics and I had good light. The pics really close to the true colors on these two adults.

Last edited:

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks, but i whould realy like to know its sex, can any one posibly tell me??
allso i whould like to measure it. how do others do it?? just kinda look at aruller and gess??

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i just tried measureing to the beast i can, and i got it at about 6 and a half inches.. she was some what curled at her head, and i got her at 6 inches and gessed if she was uncurled about 6 1/4 to 6 1/2 inches.

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would just wait for mine to be along the side of its tank and measure that way...you can also set something in the cage as a reference...like a toothe brush or something

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, i never really thought about taking my centipedes outside to take pics... Good idea :)!!!! Aren't you affraid to lose it under some rock or something else though?!?!

phil.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry J. The reason nobody has answered your ques it because I don't think anybody has figured out a sure-fire way to do that. I used to think bigger, stockier, shorter legged adults where females but I've been surprised before with seeing eggs from a smaller, lanky pede. But if you had two adults of the same species and age, and one looked a little bigger and stockier, I'd bet on that one being a female but you just can't really tell. I can't anyway.

No Bob, I'm not afraid of letting it getting away. I don't know, I just don't think like that. Maybe I should but I just don't:? .

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool subspinipes Spiderman. Looks pretty big. The color of these are natural. But they are still babies. The colors may change a little with molts but I expect the light colored legs to remain that basic color on that pede. I also expect it to keep some noticeable black pigment on the head. The female that one came from looks allot like that. Here are the parents. The female is the one getting the terminals of the male in her face. From what I've seen, baby or adult, their bodies are usually really dark. I see some that are a little greenish and others that are more blue but I don't see much color changes on the body from molt to molt. They do look a little more blue to me right after a molt but they turn darker after a day or two. My camera makes the S. h. c's look more blue than they really are. But the pedes I have with the lighter legs, their bodies do look a little more blue in general. My flash didn't go off when I took the these mating pics and I had good light. The pics really close to the true colors on these two adults.
Since you have bred them, are you going to sell some anytime soon? I have one right now, but i am interested in getting at least 2-3 more for a breeding project. how long does it takes to get to adult do you think? thanks