[Warning] Casey K

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Back in January, 2018, Grammostola pulchra pre order post made by Casey K (which later removed by mod for pre order is not allowed), posted on classified, then I pre ordered one and paid via Facebook.

FBA6C9C5-ED56-453F-8D8A-977BB16CF7C3.jpeg

I received the sling as 1/4” size on May 7, 2018 after long four months of wait. She sent another freebie Grammostola pulchra for being late.

00F46BB6-0D25-4F4B-8BD4-D660655F719B.jpeg

B3736A9C-75DF-471D-A3EE-D989E06B55C9.jpeg

Below are the photos taken over the course of the year through May 7, 2018 and to December 15, 2018. A molt after a molt, both Grammostola pulchra I received became looking more and more likely be Brachypelma albopilosum, instead of Grammostola pulchra.

• May 7, 2018

662DE86C-C400-46B6-A913-64910C384600.jpeg

• May 22, 2018

962805E9-7802-423E-BE62-D25AF942FA20.jpeg

• August 10, 2018

70A475AF-0581-4B95-822C-EB278BE17415.jpeg

• August 24, 2018

05009FA0-7C29-457D-B140-CFE455133E91.jpeg

0A3A393D-3B3E-43D6-82BC-6F48E649B503.jpeg

• December 15, 2018

5A92C15A-10A2-457C-AA27-FA302B653CC2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I contacted Casey K on December 16, 2018 for this concern, she then went ahead and said she will contact her exporter. After 48 hours without hearing from her, then I asked for full refund on December 18, 2018.

845D06FC-014D-44CD-8C24-6742A4D50D2A.jpeg

4BF7718B-E560-4AB8-A47F-987E5DC7C44A.jpeg

AA31628A-93A9-4842-B0AF-BCE903B39FA8.jpeg

96 hours passed after, I still haven’t heard from Casey K, and she is no longer on Facebook either.

87A2C36F-B29A-443D-913E-902A12B3202C.jpeg

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I have had a similar experience.

I did not preorder in January, but ordered when she reposted them for sale later in the year.

None of the 5 spiders i recieved were DOA. That is the ONLY part of arrangement that didn't go wrong.

I started a thread about most of the issues here to see if my upset over the other issues was justified, so i will not retype out everything.

https://arachnoboards.com/threads/is-this-a-legit-complaint.309130/

I ordered 5 "G. pulchra" that were advertized as .75-1".

When they came in undersized (at .5") i contacted CaseyK to express that they were not as advertised and i thought with a species such as G. pulchra which is slow growing and larger sizes demand a price premium, that they should be more accurately labeled.

Her response:
Screenshot_20181222-110056_Email.jpg

I found both of her ads. The one for the 1/4 size wasn't posted until after she told me she agreed to sell me the 3/4" size and showed her that as well as her own invoice to me which clearly shows i paid for the larger size and i said she either needed to give a full refund and i would return the slings or refund the difference in what i paid and what i recieved. Similarly to @BoyFromLA she never responded or refunded any money.

Her invoice to me showing exactly what i paid for:
Screenshot_20181222-111202_Email.jpg
At the time of posting pictures to the above mentioned thread i was privately contacted by a member here and told that both the 1/4" advertized size as well as the pictures i posted were both suspicious of NOT being pulchra.

Fast forward a few months to the present, and i was not suprised that they look less and less like G. pulchra with every molt.

Please do yourself a favor and find a different source to get your pets from. There are a lot of them out there and even if it costs a little bit more someplace else to get a G. pulchra, it would probably cost a lot less at the other place to buy a B. albo....

John2097

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Ohhh nohh amigos! I traded “15x G. pulchra” from her couple months ago, for bunch of slings can’t remember how many. But mine hasn’t reach 1” yet. I need to check this slings

Brian griggs

Arachnopeon
I to have b albopilosum sold to me from Casey as a g pulchra I also waited forever for it and paid 80 for it also and now I text her on her phone I get this is not Casey’s number wow some people are just plan scammers not good for the hobby

This is my supposed g pulchra clearly not after this last molt it most certainly a b albopilosum not very happy let’s hope she fixes this before we get together and have to take legal action A5759A2B-A155-45DF-A762-E0BED864737E.jpeg

Casey K

Arachnoknight
ATTENTION ALL CUSTOMERS OF MINE: (ONLY POST IF YOU ORDERED G. PULCHRA FROM ME IN 2018- WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT IS PULCHRA OR NOT- SUBMIT ANY PICTURES OF ANY SPECIMENS YOU RECEIVED FROM ME. (I already have record of quantity (amount purchased and price so that information is not needed). PICTURES ONLY!!

If you have purchased a/any Grammastola pulchra sling from me in 2018, please submit photo's via "pm" to me. There is concern from a few people that purchased these slings (via import) that they may be the wrong species. This was a very large import and many slings of different species were received but Brachypelma albopilosum was NEVER on the purchase list. I know that mistakes are made in this hobby quite often and I will do everything in my power to address this situation in the most professional manner as possible. I have seen photos from some people that appear to be Brachypelma albopilosum and other photos from people that ordered from this same batch are showing Grammastola pulchra. Your issue (if there may be one) will be addressed accordingly. Thank you all for your time and patience as I look forward in resolving this matter.

Please post pictures of your "G. pulchra" (whether you think it is a pulchra or not) so that I may verify those that need to be addressed.

Thank you.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
ATTENTION ALL CUSTOMERS OF MINE: (ONLY POST IF YOU ORDERED G. PULCHRA FROM ME IN 2018- WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT IS PULCHRA OR NOT- SUBMIT ANY PICTURES OF ANY SPECIMENS YOU RECEIVED FROM ME. (I already have record of quantity (amount purchased and price so that information is not needed). PICTURES ONLY!!

If you have purchased a/any Grammastola pulchra sling from me in 2018, please submit photo's via "pm" to me. There is concern from a few people that purchased these slings (via import) that they may be the wrong species. This was a very large import and many slings of different species were received but Brachypelma albopilosum was NEVER on the purchase list. I know that mistakes are made in this hobby quite often and I will do everything in my power to address this situation in the most professional manner as possible. I have seen photos from some people that appear to be Brachypelma albopilosum and other photos from people that ordered from this same batch are showing Grammastola pulchra. Your issue (if there may be one) will be addressed accordingly. Thank you all for your time and patience as I look forward in resolving this matter.

Please post pictures of your "G. pulchra" (whether you think it is a pulchra or not) so that I may verify those that need to be addressed.

Thank you.
There you are, thank you.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
There were quite a few people selling pulchra slings around the same time iirc. Wonder if they were all imported from the same dealer.
That is a very good question. I hope not but if they were and they have the same issues arise I would hope the exporter resolves the issue. Until then, I am gathering information from any customer that has purchased from me and dealing with the issue at hand directly with them. Imports are very costly and the majority of the funds are gathered to complete the import (when purchasing x amount of spiders). If said exporter does not comply with addressing this issue in offering refunds/replacements on MY end of this deal then his name will be revealed. Until then, I am working on refunds and/or exchanges, myself. This will take time (obviously) because there are several people that ordered pulchra slings and the exporter received the majority of the money (I am actually losing money and going into the negative from this.) Of course, sellers always leave room for profit but in this case was not more than enough to cover double the cost of import (i am not greedy and my sales prices are always competitive with other vendors).

Brian griggs

Arachnopeon
Ok keep me posted on what you are doing Casey thank you and we New you would take care of the issue mix up somewhere along the line again thanks casey

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Mod Note

Please read the rules regarding this forum! It is stickied at the top for ease of finding! Specifically...

"Please remember, this is NOT a discussion forum. If you feel you must say something to a poster, feel free to PM them."

Status
Not open for further replies.