Caribena Versicolor sling - Newbie Tarantula Keeper Question

VersicolorGurl22

Arachnopeon
New to the board.. happy to be here... and... yes, I have a question for all of you.
I got my first T about a month ago... Caribena Versicolor sling. She is blue and cute.. and growing. Fast. She moulted about 4 days after I got her... and she just moulted again I think? She's definitely bigger today then she was yesterday... larger leg span....
Very awesome to see. Loving my T. 🕸🕷
My question... In both cases I have not been able to find the discarded exoskeleton,, anywhere??? It's a sling enclosure 4 x 4 x 8... it's not that big. Does she bury them, eat them or do they disintegrate???
As far as I know they can't grow without moulting...?? So what's the deal? What am I missing here?

Xo
Versicolor Gurl

bebfe51f-8869-4a80-a298-416700b384ae.jpg

Sergeimosin

Arachnopeon
There's a solid chance she hid them somewhere. Some of my arboreals like to build web tunnels at the base of the wood in the enclosure and both hide in there and leave their exuviae in there when they molt. Most of my fossorials push their exuviae out on top of their webbing as if to say "Excuse me, giant butler, please remove this from my presence". I would recommend looking closely anywhere it could be hidden.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
They will often "eat" their old exoskeleton as a quick way to replenish fluids lost during the molting process. They don't consume the entire thing, but much the same way as when they eat a cricket or whatever, the exuvia is balled up and discarded like any other bolus. You may be looking for an intact exuvia and missing it because it's now a tiny ball stuck in a corner of the enclosure.

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
In the wild, Ts will sometimes eat a bit of their exuviae (molts) for nourishment after molting. What they can't finish, they try to bury or move to their refuse pile, a place where they might put prey boluses or use as their toilet. Shed exuviae have a smell that can attract mites or other scavengers, so a T would want to keep her or his burrow or living space clean by moving it away. If you haven't found your pal's, odds are, it's been buried, stashed, or eaten.
Source: Tom's Big Spiders podcasts