Caribena versicolor sling enclosure

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
That's massively overkill tbh. Also, SADS is a myth, it's basically a misnomer for bad husbandry (I.e. keeping Avics in overly moist stuffy death-traps).

sasker

Arachnoprince
SADS...it has been a long time since I have heard that term...luckily.

Saksida2000

Arachnosquire
I’m reallly scared you think SADS is real when it’s NOT!

Do better research!

See my pink link for Avic care in my sig file
Thanks for your guide. By SADS I meant sudden death from bad husbandry (not enough ventilation, too much moisture).
I effed up the first time (they are all alive still) and the bark started growing mold, so I am transferring them to new enclosure with muuuuuch more ventilation and dryer substrate.

Thank you for help again :)

Last edited:

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
I seem to think more ventilation is always best. You have plenty.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Enough ventilation for a versi sling? Really scared of SADS...
Thanks
That is plenty of ventilation, but make sure no hole is large enough to pose an escape risk. (All holes need to be smaller than the spider's carapace. Spiders can squeeze through surprisingly small spaces.)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Thats certainly enough ventilation. And as long as you keep it dry, with a water dish, and do not mist thhe myth of SADS will never happen. It came from trying to maintain highh moisture and humidity numbers in enclosures withh little active airflow, to whhhichh you have plenty, and you say you have gone dry now!

and I second @Ungoliant they are little escape artists so double check that the carapce cant get through, if it can so can thhe abdomen!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks for your guide. By SADS I meant sudden death from bad husbandry (not enough ventilation, too much moisture).
I effed up the first time (they are all alive still) and the bark started growing mold, so I am transferring them to new enclosure with muuuuuch more ventilation and dryer substrate.

Thank you for help again :)
Anytime!

Language is important though as you saw here. SADS is not what you meant, as SADS is false.

Just say what you mean next time ;)

yetkin

Arachnopeon
I didnt want to make a new threat one of my friend got this sp but he make a enclosure depending on care sheets and.. it was wrong so ı talk to him send him links from here and he made this it looks fine to me but ı never had this sp so ı still want to ask here is it ok?
Note:he will transfer t after substrate dry he will cut those burrs and top has 7-8 hole too

Attachments

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
I've settled on keeping my versicolor slings in different sized Thornton containers. The ventilation I use is just in the top and everything seems to be doing just fine with all the slings I've raised this way.

Last edited: