Caribena versicolor fall?

Dark8Legs

Arachnopeon
Hello, sorry for the dumb question i have just acquired a c. versicolor tarantula and its my first arboreal t since i only have terrestrial species and she was delivered late and ended up 3 days in transit when i unboxed her she seemed fine a little slow but fine i put her into her enclosjre and she webbed a little explored drinked a few droplets of water i placed on her web but refused any food she seems to be doing fine but today i observed her strolling around the enclosure and falling about 2 times from the top of the enclosure her butt isn't big or showing any signs of premolt so i wanted to ask if its normal for them to be clumsy and fall or should i fear for the worse?:embarrassed: IMG_20201119_203707_636.jpg IMG_20201119_203707_636.jpg

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds like moving into molt by your words, but not by pic. Sometimes Ts fall

Who knows- just monitor

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
They wear out their 'scopulae', the pads on their feet that enable them to climb smooth surfaces when they are nearing a moult. If the tarantula actually fell, I'd remove those decorative rocks as they could potentially injure the spider.

Dark8Legs

Arachnopeon
They wear out their 'scopulae', the pads on their feet that enable them to climb smooth surfaces when they are nearing a moult. If the tarantula actually fell, I'd remove those decorative rocks as they could potentially injure the spider.
Thank you will do so asap :)

Coradams

Arachnoknight
Since she is falling, you may consider removing those stones. I imagine they could cause injury if she lands on them.

Coradams

Arachnoknight
Sorry to be redundant. EtienneN made my point while I was typing. Good luck with your t.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
It might appreciate some extra foliage at the top of the enclosure to hide in/make a nice web tunnel

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
I would reccomend a little more fake plants around the middle "tree" - so the spider can web up web mats and tunnels around the enclosure-making a fall near impossible

Day 1:
20201121_173951.jpg
Day 5:
20201121_174032.jpg

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Plan on acquiring some fake plant leaves to place around the top
👍 They like places to retreat and feel safe. If your enclosure is top opening I recommend placing the leaves about 2/3 up. If they're too high it might end up webbing them to the lid, which makes opening more difficult!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I'd add another piece of wood of similar size to what you have and some foliage. See how @vicareaux created that curve shape with their bark. That provides an ideal nest building sit for them