caresheets

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok, i've checked out the arachnopets and petbugs caresheets but they dont have all of the species i need to know about. what are your recommendations for websites with good caresheets?

kellygirl

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. aurantiaca
A. urticans
B. vagans
L. dificilis

i assume the avicularia species need similar care... can anyone confirm this?

and there is less urgency in finding a caresheet for the latter 2 species because they are still spiderlings... i'm just trying to look ahead a bit for when they get bigger and need more than a deli cup.

kellygirl

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the avics do need similar care....

You can keep the avics just as you would an avic avic as they aren't among the more moisture dependant ones like purpurea is.

On the vagans you can keep it just as you would B smithi and it will do fine.

L dificilus pretty similar to any terrestrial just keep a water dish with it at all times and even if the substrate goes dry you shouldn't have any problems. It isn't a bad idea to mist it lightly once per week or so however just to keep the substrate from going bone dry.

Phil

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thank you so much! those sites were very helpful. i did find a caresheets on the a.urticans and b.vagans but no luck with the other 2. thanks for the advice phillip. what would i do without this board?! :)

kellygirl

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the translation:
species: aurantica
genus: Avicularia
subfamily: Aviculariinae
first desribed by: Bauer, 1996
habitat: Perú
way of life: arborial
lenght: 7-8cm (sorry i dont know that one in inches :( )
description: dark brown color and black on ventral side, yellow ring on metatarsus. hairs are beige to red. It was formaly known as A. magdalena. is thought to use its urticating bristles quickly. Seems to be more aggressive than other Avics
housing: humidity: about 80%, temperature day 25-27°C night 20-22°C. Cage should be about 30x30x40 (40 is height). Never forget a water dish. Use some bark for hiding

I guess that's all. :)

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
One of those websites says a G.pulchra gets to 7-8".....I thought they maxed out around 6? Am i wrong?

Mark

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bjorgly
One of those websites says a G.pulchra gets to 7-8".....I thought they maxed out around 6? Am i wrong?

Mark
Notice that those sites are selling G. Pulchras.