Caresheet of Psalmopoeus??

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The good thing is Psalmos are great at finding water source(dsh) keep that filled up with a weekly overflow and you are golden ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Consider also always where someone lives, xiaoentheshawn is from Malaysia... I wouldn't get too mad about humidity, frankly.
Just a water dish and slightly moist part of substrate :-s

louise f

Arachnoangel
@louise f What does the "Queen of Psalmopoeus" have to say?
Aww queen of Psalms, hehe..:D Well i always kept the Ecclesiasticus just like i keep my P.cam, irminia, reduncus and pulcher. Unfortunately both of my ecclesiasticus turned out mature males within a year.. One of them made it to germany and hopefully mated a female, the other one i had died. Sad i didn`t got lucky enough to find him a girl in time.. :( Okay back to the point.. A little substrate a piece of cork bark/tube. Maybe a little leafs, and the most important the water dish, should do.. :)
And congratz on the lovely spider.. They are simply amazing looking creatures. <3<3 Miss mine. :):kiss:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Just keep the sub, or part of the sub damp and water in the dish....simplify and you will be a better keeper.
I have an "arboreal" dish mount on the wall from when my Avic lived there, but I assume I should include a dish on the ground for a growing Psalmo?

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Noted. Hahaha, but for slings or juvies below 2" i wont provide water dish for them.
I always provide a water dish for mine if it will fit in the enclosure. I use vials which are tall and narrow. They will easily fit in most enclosures. I don't know how T's are shipped everywhere, but most of them are shipped in vials for purchases here in the states. This gives these containers some reuse.

I currently hot melt a larger diameter vial (with a hole in the bottom) higher up in the enclosure. I then place a smaller diameter vial inside the larger vial. This makes servicing of the water easy.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Aww queen of Psalms, hehe..:D Well i always kept the Ecclesiasticus just like i keep my P.cam, irminia, reduncus and pulcher. Unfortunately both of my ecclesiasticus turned out mature males within a year.. One of them made it to germany and hopefully mated a female, the other one i had died. Sad i didn`t got lucky enough to find him a girl in time.. :( Okay back to the point.. A little substrate a piece of cork bark/tube. Maybe a little leafs, and the most important the water dish, should do.. :)
And congratz on the lovely spider.. They are simply amazing looking creatures. <3<3 Miss mine. :):kiss:
Sorry to hear that sweety :kiss:

xiaoentheshawn

Arachnopeon
Good tips. Thanks!
I always provide a water dish for mine if it will fit in the enclosure. I use vials which are tall and narrow. They will easily fit in most enclosures. I don't know how T's are shipped everywhere, but most of them are shipped in vials for purchases here in the states. This gives these containers some reuse.

I currently hot melt a larger diameter vial (with a hole in the bottom) higher up in the enclosure. I then place a smaller diameter vial inside the larger vial. This makes servicing of the water easy.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Aww thanks sweet friend <3<3 :kiss: It is always sad when you loose a male that didn`t even get to try to go on a date. <3
I'm afraid i'll soon know how that feels for the first time. I have a P.cambridgei MM that nobody wanted to have for breeding. He only stopped making spermwebs a few weeks ago, despite being almost over two years mature!
So i'm afraid he'll pass soon as well. :(

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Aww thanks sweet friend <3<3 :kiss: It is always sad when you loose a male that didn`t even get to try to go on a date. <3
Thanks for the care info.

Mine are too small to sex, but I worry about the same thing. There are so few of them here in the USA and most of us with them possibly came from the same egg sac on recent purchases.