Caresheet of Psalmopoeus??

xiaoentheshawn

Arachnopeon
//
Sup guys.
Any caresheet/info for keeping Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus? Can't find much info through web so i guess here can get some helps.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Sup? Well, greetings to you too!

There´s no need to look for individual care sheets for tarantulas. They are mostly absolute rubbish and will (on a general basis) cause more harm than good.

Just keep it like you would any other "Psalmo" i.e. in a enclosure with decent cross ventilation, some cork bark leaned against one of the walls, some fake plants and a decent amount of substrate ("Psalmos" like to create some some underground burrows/chambers, especially as non-adults). Keep the substrate a bit moist, but make sure it does not get too stuffy in there. Remember to keep the water dish filled at all times. That´s pretty much it, I believe!

xiaoentheshawn

Arachnopeon
Sup? Well, greetings to you too!

There´s no need to look for individual care sheets for tarantulas. They are mostly absolute rubbish and will (on a general basis) cause more harm than good.

Just keep it like you would any other "Psalmo" i.e. in a enclosure with decent cross ventilation, some cork bark leaned against one of the walls, some fake plants and a decent amount of substrate ("Psalmos" like to create some some underground burrows/chambers, especially as non-adults). Keep the substrate a bit moist, but make sure it does not get too stuffy in there. Remember to keep the water dish filled at all times. That´s pretty much it, I believe!
//
There's very general info tho, but thanks mate. Cheers

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I do think that ecclesiasticus is more prone to dehydration than irminia and cambridgei.. Although this might be my paranoia since they are rarer than most psalmosxD I keep an eye on mine all the time xD

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I do think that ecclesiasticus is more prone to dehydration than irminia and cambridgei.. Although this might be my paranoia since they are rarer than most psalmosxD I keep an eye on mine all the time xD
No, you are correct. They require a little more humidity and a little more moisture is appreciated

xiaoentheshawn

Arachnopeon
True, ecclesiasticus is quite pricey here at my place, hence need somemore straight answer like specific humidity etc.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I have some Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus slings. I gave all of them setups with cork bark slabs and plastic plants not unlike other arboreal T's. Two of mine setup near the substrate with dirt curtains mixed in with plastic plants and cork bark area. One setup in a hollow spot on the cork bark. One setup as high up as it could go on a plastic plant hot melted to the enclosure wall. It is right near the lid. I use a syringe to splatter some water across one of the walls not far away for the ones setting up higher once per week. I moisten the substrate just a little near the ones that are setting up down low once per week. I don't worry about humidity. I have a large number of vent holes in the cereal keeper containers being used so it is dry by the time I reapply moisture the next time. Perhaps @louise f can provide better input on the best moisture needs for them.

Mine are eating crickets and haven't had any prolonged fasts but I've only owned them for about 4-5 months. They are close to 1" size or slightly larger now. I obtained them at 1/2" size.

cold blood

Staff member
True, ecclesiasticus is quite pricey here at my place, hence need somemore straight answer like specific humidity etc.
Sorry....no t on the planet anywhere requires specific humidity...if they did, they would only live in labs.

Never focus on humidity numbers EVER!

Just keep the sub, or part of the sub damp and water in the dish....simplify and you will be a better keeper.

Most Psalms are super hardy and do well in a huge variety of conditions...they like damp, yet are very drought tolerant (ecclasticus is the exception)...theyre arboreal, but will even do well housed terrestrially if they have the proper cover.

Psalms also grow fast and eat often...very hungry genus.

boina

Lady of the mites
Focusing on humidity numbers can lead to some pretty bad mistakes -like people restricting ventilation to keep humidity in. Ventilation is extremly important for any arboreal I know of. As long as you keep the substrate moist your P. ecclesiasticus should be fine. I know mine is. And how where you going to measure the humidity anyway? Cheap gauges are extremly inaccurate.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Tell that to my three cambridgei slings lol. Kept the same as my four ecclesiasticus, or even the ten pulcher I recently acquired last week, who both are ravenous beasts of similar size. The cambridgei may have eaten two crickets between them in a month or so since getting them. Not sealed up yet but I imagine premolt. One was slapping at a cricket last time I tried to feed (last night) so I took it out and figure it'll molt in a week or three.

I concur with the other advice about ecclesiasticus care. Ventilation is always key.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Tell that to my three cambridgei slings lol. Kept the same as my four ecclesiasticus, or even the ten pulcher I recently acquired last week, who both are ravenous beasts of similar size. The cambridgei may have eaten two crickets between them in a month or so since getting them. Not sealed up yet but I imagine premolt. One was slapping at a cricket last time I tried to feed (last night) so I took it out and figure it'll molt in a week or three.

I concur with the other advice about ecclesiasticus care. Ventilation is always key.
My pulcher's and irminia are growing crazy fast, but my cambridgei, ecclesiasticus, and reduncus seem to be average compared to other T's.

xiaoentheshawn

Arachnopeon
Sorry....no t on the planet anywhere requires specific humidity...if they did, they would only live in labs.

Never focus on humidity numbers EVER!

Just keep the sub, or part of the sub damp and water in the dish....simplify and you will be a better keeper.

Most Psalms are super hardy and do well in a huge variety of conditions...they like damp, yet are very drought tolerant (ecclasticus is the exception)...theyre arboreal, but will even do well housed terrestrially if they have the proper cover.

Good. Noted, thanks by the way. Hahaha, guess will just get some and see how they works.

xiaoentheshawn

Arachnopeon
Yes. Psalmopoeus really need to be care of the ventilation. Same goes to other arboreal i assume.

xiaoentheshawn

Arachnopeon
Haha, i though that humidity need slightly higher like how we keep pamphobeteus and same goes to psalmopoeus. By the way, i know what to do with them since most of the psalmopoeus's keepers really talks about ventilation is the key. Good tips.
Focusing on humidity numbers can lead to some pretty bad mistakes -like people restricting ventilation to keep humidity in. Ventilation is extremly important for any arboreal I know of. As long as you keep the substrate moist your P. ecclesiasticus should be fine. I know mine is. And how where you going to measure the humidity anyway? Cheap gauges are extremly inaccurate.
thoufh