Caresheet Buthacus arenicola

GarField000

Arachnosquire
I am looking to getting a Scorpion.
I will only get one btw .. :). I have 100+ tarantula's en 40+ snakes so no room to get many.
I wanted to get a Buthacus arenicola but there is hardly any careinfo to find.

Does anyone know a good caresheet for me to find the basics?
I have found an enclosure size (20*20cm).
Temperature 25-30C (Should this be the case always like now in winter time?).
In my spider room it's 20-22 in wintertime, 25-28 in summertime.
It needs hiding places .... and some digging options .... But does it need substrate like a tarantula, or does it need sand like a Sicarius? Or just normal sand?

GarField000

Arachnosquire
Yeah I tried those out but they don't work.

But after the mrs saw me take a look at these she said eeeeeew. Can we get a black one .. lol. I like these colours more.
So not sure what to get now :D.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
well ..... not a full caresheet .. just a simple temp, humidity thing ...
If you know the temp and humidity, that’s the most important thing. What else do you want to know?

This is what I ask myself with new scorp species;
-Bark scorpion/terrestrial/fossorial? Terrestrial, so no vertical surfaces/hides needed, only terrestrial hides. Deep clay substrate not necessary.
-Arid or humid? Arid, so sand is fine as a substrate. Small water dish doesn’t need to be filled all the time.
-Recreate proper temperature
-Feed like you would any other scorpion. Once a week or less often if they are in premolt or refuse food. Maybe more often for young specimens.

Different scorpions can be cared for the same for the most part. I have never kept this species, but I would keep them similar to other desert Buthids.

GarField000

Arachnosquire
After some more research I'm gonna take a closer look into the Hottentotta franzwerneri

Thx for the info on this topic.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
The link is more for forest scorpions, not desert like hottentotta on sand.
Ohh, you’re referring to the link in my signature I assume.
I haven’t written a care sheet for Hottentotta franzwerneri, but they’re actually fairly simple, and similar to most desert buthids. Keep them warm (around 30 C during the day) and dry to prevent mycosis. Moisture can be provided in a small water bowl, which doesn’t have to be filled at all times. Substrate can be as simple as sand, because they don’t burrow much. Any substrate can work when kept dry.

GarField000

Arachnosquire
Lol .... I didn't realize the link is from you signature :D
sorry for the confusion.